Blog Archive

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Hermana Inman Letter February 24, 2014

Woo!

this week was much better.  We had the opportunity to work so much more, and we picked up 4 new investigators!  2 families!  Yesterday afternoon we began to knock doors, and the very first door we knocked let us in to share a message.  At first Ricardo and his wife Carolina were very closed off and were trying to disprove our message.  We answered a few of his sincere questions about the godhead, and then used "how to begin teaching" (it's in Preach My Gospel chapter 10).  We then said a prayer (at first he said no we could not pray with him, but the spirit moved him, and he agreed to let us pray).  We then shared with him the message of the restoration, and although we did not get to finish, we answered some of the questions of his soul, and within the 40 minutes that we were there, Ricardo and his family did a complete 360, we saw the spirit work in them, and they invited us back, agreed to read the Book of Mormon, and Ricardo even said the prayer at the end of the lesson.  What a miracle and what a wonderful experience. Hermana Woodruff picked up 2 other investigators when we were on exchanges this week- Enedina and Natalie, a mom and daughter!  We're teaching so many families right now and it is WONDERFUL!  I love teaching families!  That's what it's all about!! This weekend is supposed to be Vanessa's baptism... we're just waiting for her dad to say yes... the whole family is trying to get him to say yes... so we'll see what happens!  Isaac is well, he's reading in the Book of Mormon and answers and returns our calls, so that's really good.  We're seeing him on Thursday.

Exchanges went well, I have one more this week, and probably one next week because I need to go on an emergency exchange with one of the sisters... JUST BE GOOD MISSIONARIES FOR GOODNESS SAKE. But I thoroughly enjoyed my exchange with most of the sisters and they blow my mind and teach me so much.  Zone conference was good. Hermana Woodruff has been feeling better this week and has a follow up appointment next week with the doctor about what they found in her procedure that they did. Hopefully it will give her some answers and help her be permanently better.  Did I ever tell you that my companion speaks ASL? She does!  Fluently!  And so we keep running into deaf people and she's been able to teach them.  Last night we ran into another deaf lady, and she's Hispanic   So, I'll get to teach her family in Spanish while Hermana Woodruff translates for Lupe in American Sign Language!!!! HOW COOL IS THAT?!!!  Also, we get to go to the San Diego temple tomorrow :D I'm so excited.  It's been too long! Oh, guess what?  I ate dinner in a $25 Million House this week on one of my exchanges!  I'm not even exaggerating.  twenty five million dollar home.  I felt like a nasty fly in that house.... I belong in Spanish work for sure. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sending a card to you in the mail today, sorry it will come a few days late.  I hope you have a good birthday mom!  You deserve it!  I love you!! You are the best mom in this world and I am so grateful for you. 

I got the Valentine package!  Thank you!! It's yummy :). 

I'm so happy to hear about Jesse's volunteer job :)  that's perfect for him. Congratulations Torie on your acceptance to BYU-I!! :). Shooting guns sounds like it was so much fun!!  I wouldn't mind if our family invested in some guns and picked up a new hobby....

Anyway, time is up.  I love you all and miss you!  Have a great week!  Happy Birthday mom!
I'm healthy.
 
Love,
Hermana Inman
 
p.s. no I did not eat the fish eyeballs. 
 
I saw sister mackay at zone conference :)  and this is the daily sunset I get to see