Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Hermana Inman Letter March 3, 2014

BAPTISM!!


 

VANESSA PALACIOS GOT BAPTIZED!!!  She called us Wednesday night at 9:24pm and said that her dad had just given her permission to be baptized!  So we planned the baptism in 2 days, and it was crazy!  But everything worked out and the service was smooth and filled with the Spirit.  We had a huge turnout, and there were several investigators there, including a deaf lady that we found last week, who ended up being Vanessa's aunt!  How cool is that?!  We went over to Vanessa's house before the baptism to help the family get everything ready and when we walked in, the deaf lady that Hna. Woodruff talked to in the street was sitting there at the kitchen table!  Small world!  No coincidences!  And, Vanessa's mom Mariela told us that she's been telling Lupe to come to church but she's been afraid to because she didn't have anybody to translate for her, but Hermana Woodruff translated the entire baptism for her on Saturday and will translate church for her hopefully this Sunday

I'm so happy to hear about the Gilbert Temple dedication!  Not even the bad weather can stop such a beautiful celebration!  We are so blessed to have so many temples so near to us.  I got to go to the San Diego temple on Tuesday and it was wonderful and certainly needed.  I especially enjoyed the celestial room this time and received some divine revelation and comfort.

It's been very stormy over here, too.  Rain and wind storms all week long!  The sidewalk to our apartment was flooded with a foot of water for a few days this week, so we got to trudge through that in our skirts haha.  Good times! I really enjoyed your rain story mom! haha that's awesome!
Before the weather was bad on Monday, we went to the Oceanside Pier as a district and it was so fun!! The ocean is beautiful!!! We got to go fishing over the pier (although we didn't catch anything but hungry pelicans and seagulls), and we got to just enjoy the beautiful scenery.  It's a lot prettier than Jake's 5 ft of snow! Holy cow! I can't imagine tracting in that.

I'm glad you enjoyed your package mom :) I hope the rest of your birthday was okay. 
 
CONGRATULATIONS TO JENSEN ON HIS MISSION CALL!! Washington DC South!  Woo!! That's Awesome!!!! Wow, he and shane leave the same day, huh? That's so neat!

Transfer calls are this week.  I really hope I get to stay here for my last transfer. Weird. 

I love you all and miss you very much.  I want you to know that I know this church is true.  I know this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ, and I know that the Book of Mormon is true.  I would not trade this opportunity for anything.  I have a testimony of repentance.  It is such a blessing and gift in our lives and I'm so grateful for our Savior for making it possible for us to be clean and return to live in His presence again someday with our families. I'm grateful for how merciful our Heavenly Father is.  I feel His love daily.  I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Love,
Hermana Inman
 
P.S. I got to see Sister MacKay when I was on exchanges this week, it was so great to see her :). Exchanges are a long story, but I'm glad they're done!