Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter September 30, 2013

a whole new world!

So here it goes.
 
They whitewashed me into a new area- and an english area. My companion is an english speaking missionary so I can't practice with her and because I am now called to serve in English I have to sacrifice language study time. It's a difficult change not working in Spanish work, opening up a new area, and training. I'm an emotional roller coaster. My companion is Sister MacKay (pronounced Mackey) from Kaysville, Utah. She says she doesn't know Rick and Tammie. I'm serving in the Olivenhain ward, in the Del Mar Stake.  Let me tell you about our stake. $$$$$$$$. and that about sums it up. You know those 5 million dollar homes you see on TV? Yeah, that's my new area, and I walk inside those homes each day. It's quite the contrast from what I've been used to this past year (year! next week is my year mark!). But, these members are truly wonderful and are treating us like celebrities. We're the very first sister missionaries they have ever had in their ward and they are thrilled to have us :). We share the ward with 1 set of Elders. We're fed well and everyone wants to help. And guess what? We just had a baptism on Saturday! We moved in on Tuesday night and they were like, oh, by the way, you have a baptism this saturday! Luckily, the members had already put together most of the program so we didn't have to stress too much about it. It was nice :) his name is Kris and he got baptized within 3 weeks of hearing the gospel. He went to his friend's mission farewell in our ward and asked how he could "be converted."  How awesome is that!

 
Elder Pendergast is my zone leader down here haha.
 
Thank you for the goodie package!!! That was a pleasant surprise :). Adolfo, (our convert from Escondido) sent me a package with a birthday card and an electronic english-spanish translator! haha he's the greatest.
 
The general relief society broadcast was wonderful! I loved President Monson's talk the most about prayer.  We take prayer for granted and I think we could all put more sincerity into our communication with our Heavenly Father.  Watching the sister MTC choir made me cry.. I wished I was in their shoes and had 18 more months left ahead of me.  Watching the broadcast also made me think of you mom, which also made me cry. To be honest I haven't had a hard time with homesickness while out on the mission but since we normally watch the relief society broadcast together I realized how much I miss you! But, I'm still trying to stay focused and am still happy to be here at this time.
 
Dad I'm glad you had a safe trip to San Diego even though there were some mix-ups with your flight and hotel and everything! That's such a long way to walk to conference! But hey, good work out, right? Speaking of workouts, my new area has nothing but hills, which makes running so easy and fun! But, it's doing great things to my body so I'll take it haha.  Running is actually kind of enjoyable now that I've done it for awhile and I never thought I'd say that! I'm glad you were able to make it through your flights, too. Which year did you graduate from Midwestern? My ward mission leader graduated from there and wants to know if you were in the same graduating class. His name is Brother Belnap.  I don't know if that sounds familiar?
 
 
I'm so happy for Torie and Jesse and all of their accomplishments! They are such hard workers and great examples.
 
I love you all and hope you have a great week! Don't worry about me, just keep me and my companion in your prayers, please, that we may have unity and the Spirit and stay focused. Thanks :)
 
Love,
Hermana Inman

Kris = Baptism

Hermana Inman & the Ocean

At the General Women's Conference Dinner