Blog Archive

Monday, October 7, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter October 7, 2013

Good, Busy Week.

Hey!

 
This week was a lot better.  I even got a chance to work in my old area in Spanish for 24 hours on exchanges!  Then we had conference, which will brighten up any week.  We're starting to be familiar with our area and the members, so that makes the work move forward at a faster pace as well. And we got to go to the temple on Tuesday!  Kris is still as awesome as ever.  We taught him on Friday night and he let us try on his marine gear which weighs just under a million pounds. Then we had a really neat lesson about the Priesthood, which he should be getting on Sunday :).  What a champ.

 
We've been teaching this man named Sina from Iran.  He asks really deep questions and there's a little bit of a language barrier, but we're doing the best we can!  He came to church last week and watched all the sessions of conference!! We're teaching him again today and are hoping something touched his heart as he listened to the words of the Prophet and his apostles. Speaking of General Conference, wasn't that the most inspired and spiritual conference EVER?! It was SO GOOD! I loved the emphasis they put on member missionary work, how we need to all come together and be equally yolked.  It's true, we can't do it by ourselves anymore!  We need your help! Some of my favorite quotes from conference were:
 
     "when we partake of the sacrament we renew not only our baptismal covenants, but all covenants we have ever made with God." -Carole M. Stephens (RS Presidency)

 
     "the past is to be learned from, not to be lived in" -Elder Dube quoting Elder Holland

 
     "first doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith"- Deiter F. Uchtdorf

 
I have a lot of other favorite quotes but I don't have time to write them.
 
If you read in Mosiah 2 you'll find lots of similarities between the old-school, Book of Mormon general conference, and modern-day general conference! It's neat!

 
Way to be an awesome missionary mom! 2 Book of Mormons in a week! That's awesome! Way to go! :) Keep me updated!

My Pday is on Tuesday next week because of the holiday, FYI.

 
I'm glad you got the email and pictures from the members here!  They seriously take such good care of us. I love you! 

 
I'm glad to hear you got the expedition back and working well! I'm also happy to hear that Jesse and Torie both enjoyed conference :).
 
So, it's been a year!  Officially!  How crazy. Not sure how I feel about it haha it feels good and I feel accomplished to have made it this far and yet it's a scary and sad feeling to know that I only have a few months left.  I'm grateful for this opportunity and plan to give it my all.


 
I love you all and am grateful for your prayers and thoughts and for all you do to give your support. Have a great week!

 
Love,
Hermana Inman

Me and my Verdecito

Missionary gone Marine

The force is strong here