Blog Archive

Monday, September 23, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter September 23, 2013

Big Changes!!

It's transfers and big changes are happening!  I'm training a brand new sister starting tomorrow, and I'm white washing. (We will both be new to the area, and both Hermana Magana and I are leaving, so brand new missionaries will be put in our area as well). AND, there are 14 sisters coming in, and only one of them is a spanish speaking missionary. There are 4 Spanish sisters training, which means 3 of us will be switched over to English work ..... I really hope it's not me. Hermana McBride is training as well! Transfers are tomorrow, so I'll let you know what happens next week. Bah! 

Thank you for the slippers, lip gloss, and chocolate! I have been wearing the slippers and lip gloss every day :). Each time we come home for dinner or when we're studying in the morning, we wear our slippers and rest our feet, and it feels wonderful! That was a very thoughtful gift! Thank you! The other day after dinner we were out the door and ready to work and I looked down and saw that Hermana Magana was still wearing her slippers, and I was like, "you're going out like that?" then she turned around and looked at my feet and it turned out that I was still wearing my slippers too haha we had completely forgotten that we were wearing them and almost ended up prosteliting in slippers! I wouldn't mind that so much.. Thank you for your sweet, kind letters as well :).  The Primary sent me a package of letters, and that was fun to receive!

We started teaching Juan this week, and he came to church again yesterday! He's so awesome! We also started teaching Betty and her son Israel.  We met Betty in a parking lot after one of our appointments fell through (no coincidence) she agreed to meet with us a couple days later.  We taught her the Restoration and they loved it. She told us about some of the trials they are going through right now, and that she was actually looking for a way to get closer to Christ that very day when she met us.  Her son Israel is 8 years old, and we're so excited to teach another family! We're bummed that we have to leave and that we won't get to see their progression in the gospel though.  We're teaching her again tonight and will be picking up 2 new investigators as well :) those lucky missionaries who come here have the perfect set up right now. 

That's wonderful that you and the ward are having so many missionary opportunities! I'm sure the missionaries in your ward are so grateful as well. Keep it up :)

I love you all and hope you have a great week! Thanks for all that you do for me! 

Love,
Hermana Inman