Blog Archive

Monday, August 12, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter August 12, 2013

Transfer Week!

They're kicking me out tomorrow! Hermana Moffitt will be staying here and they're moving me somewhere else, I don't know where. Everyone is saying Oceanside, but we'll see! I'm excited about it and happy about the change. I'll miss Adolfo and the other friends we've made here, including many of the awesome members, but since we only live like 6 hours away I'll have plenty of opportunities to visit them after the mission. You really do get attached to the people you teach and the members you work with, and they get even more attached than we do. As I've been saying good byes there's been a few people who cried, and it makes me feel bad! They say things like "don't ever forget about us, please wright to me, promise to visit after your mission." How could a missionary ever forget the people they meet on their mission? These people are our pride and joy!!

We taught Adolfo about the Priesthood again and he started crying because he was so happy and so excited that he could hold the Priesthood :) he has his interview on Wednesday and so will most likely receive it on Sunday- I'm so excited for him!!! I'm bummed that I won't be here to see that. He told us he wants to be bishop someday haha I just laughed and told him he'd change his mind.

This past week a super strong recent convert (Alfredo) from the other hermanas moved into our area, as well as their investigator (Luis) who is getting baptized on the 31st of this month. We're super excited about that. They love the gospel so much and just want to know everything right now. Adolfo has been assisting lessons with us as a member, and he is wonderful! He has a strong desire to share his testimony with literally everyone, and in lessons he can relate so well to our investigators because not too long ago he was in their same situation. He blows my mind more and more every day.

Last Monday night when Hermana Moffitt and I got home for the day, we opened the front door and as soon as we did a super loud, high-pitched, constant ring started to sound off. We couldn't figure out where it was coming from and took out the batteries of the fire alarm but it wasn't that, and then we found that it was our carbon monoxide detector going off. We told President and he told us to go sleep over at the other hermana's apartment in Escondido for the night. That was a fun adventure. Nothing real crazy but it kind of freaked us out. It turns out that the detector had just gotten bumped or something so it was a false alarm.

We've been visiting with our trailer park friend and helping her around her house some more. She keeps telling us of all the "strange occurances" that keep happening (aka MIRACLES). She took us out for lunch on Thursday and started asking us about church services: where they are and what time they start. We said "are you thinking about coming to church?!" She said "oh, I don't know, maybe. I'm still an athiest!!! But I might just go." We told her we all know that she is not an athiest, and she just laughed. She told us "you two really have no idea how much power your kindness and your goodness have. That morning when you came by I was literally making plans to "check out" when you knocked on my door.  You two have made me so happy and have motivated me to change my life around and hpe for a better future." When we went back to her house we helped her put up some sun reflectors in her windows and afterwards she gave us both several of her canvases! That she painted!! She's such a good artist! I'm going to fed ex today to see how much money it will be to ship them home because I can't move them around with me on the mission, but if they're too expensive to ship, there is a lady in the ward here who will let me keep them there until I can pick them up. Dad, you'll be in San Diego in September, do you think you could swing by Escondido and pick up the paintings and a few of my other things from the hermana when you come up here for your conference? That would be wonderful because I've got a few things that here that I can't use or that I don't use anymore that I need to send home but haven't had the chance to do it.

I'm glad Torie and Jesse are both enjoying seminary this year! Good for them! I miss seminary! Congratulations to Emily Hatch and her mission call! I'm glad to hear that the Lord's work is moving forward at a very steady and fast pace :).

I love you and miss you and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Hermana Inman