Blog Archive

Monday, August 5, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter August 5, 2013

Tengo gozo en mi alma hoy!
(There is joy in my soul today)

Thanks so much for the package!!! That made my day! Those were just the things I needed :). Tell Jesse that he picked a great candle haha :). You all are always so thoughtful. The Rio Vista YSA ward also sent me something, so that was fun!

Adolfo's baptism was absolutely beautiful.  It was by far the most spiritual baptism I have ever been to in my entire life.  I think it's also safe to say that it was probably the happiest moment of my entire mission thus far. His family came, which is a huge step for them because they didn't really want to have anything to do with the church let alone a baptism, and you could tell they felt the spirit.  Hermano Parra, his fellow-shipper and friend who is in the bishopric baptized him, and as soon as he was brought back up out of the water Adolfo started sobbing uncontrollably. We all filed back into the relief society room as we waited for them to get dressed and Hermana Moffitt and I gave a brief presentation/lesson about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the importance of baptism, which brought the spirit strongly.  Then, Hna. Moffitt played the violin as Elder Peterson played the piano and the rest of us missionaries (there are 12 in our ward) sang How Great Thou Art. The entire room was crying their eyes out by the end of the song, and I almost lost it up there singing, too! But I kept myself together. And THEN, Adolfo bore his testimony, (crying through the whole thing, again).  After the baptism people were basically lining up to tell hermana moffitt and I that that was the most spiritual baptism they have ever been too and they thanked us for inviting them.  President Kendrick came and he even said that was the best baptism of HIS entire life! He's a middle aged man and a mission president! It was seriously the best feeling in the world. We did work hard to teach Adolfo and to plan this baptism, but I think what made it so spiritual is Adolfo and the spirit that he has about him. He told us after the baptism that he felt like he was the only one there at his baptism, because he just blocked everyone out: it was just him, the speakers, and the spirit.  He then called us at 2am and left a message saying that he couldn't sleep because he feels like he's floating in the air haha and that he still could not stop crying.  He was confirmed in church yesterday and lost it again up on the stand haha he's been so emotional lately, but in a good way. He says he feels so good and has never felt this way before in his life. This weekend was just all around a beautiful spiritual experience.  
 
That's the biggest news I have to share today. We've still just been knocking on doors or talking to people in the park, or spending time with less active members.  Our friend that we met last week has done a total 360. We went by her house the other day and all of her blinds were open, she had cleaned her kitchen, she was dressed, and all smiles :) we helped her clean her house a little bit more and then she fed us lunch/snacks. We'll be seeing her again tomorrow to clean up more of her house- there's LOTS to do. We had a zone activity today and played wiffle ball, that was fun. Transfers are next week, I find out on Saturday if I leave or stay. I hit 10 months this Saturday! Time is flying by so much faster now, especially in these past 4 weeks or so. 
 
That's awesome that you got a free trap set! You'll all be pros by the time I get home so you'll have to put on a concert. That is seriously so awesome!  What a pleasant surprise :). I'm glad that the seminary fireside went well, I'm sure mom did awesome as always. How did the first week of seminary go? That's so wonderful that so many teenagers are enrolled and want to come! The youth of this generation are so strong and need to stay that way and be an example for those who are not.
 
That's crazy about Jake's companion and the visa situation and identity theft?! Wow. And then a miracle at the same time that he could randomly get it back within a matter of a few hours. How did Torie's first week of her senior year go?! It's hard to believe that she's already that old- it seems like I was just a senior not too long ago. Those are exciting times.  I'm glad things are going well at home.  Thanks for your missionary experiences dad, I can definitely relate to them. I'm trying really hard to write in my journal as often as I can. It seems like there's never any time, but whenever I make time and write I feel so much better. Are you all still writing in your journals? 
 
I was reading in Gospel Principles this morning about "our celestial family" (I think that's how it translates into english..), and I was reminded that each of has a very specific purpose here on this earth, and it's up to us to find that purpose and fulfill it. We can do that by studying the scriptures and our patriarchal blessings, and through prayer.  I still sometimes wonder what mine is but find such comfort in the words of the Lord which always guide me.  I encourage each of you to study your patriarchal blessings this week and pray to ask heavenly father what he would have you do here.  If you are not a member of this church, you can still study the scriptures and pray to heavenly father to know His will for you. 
 
I love you all and pray for you each day! Have a fun, exciting week at school and at work! When is your seminar dad? Where is it? 
 
Thanks for giving my letters to Brittany and Taylynn.  I only had Morgan's address, so I sent her her letter. 
 
1 Nefi 19:22-23, be like Nephi and study the scriptures with the family, and apply them to your lives.

-Hermana Inman