Blog Archive

Monday, August 19, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter August 19, 2013

I'm a Carlsbad Missionary!

Sure enough, they moved me over to Oceanside, which covers pretty much ALL of Carlsbad and some of Oceanside. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT HERE!!! Our border is the beach! So we get to drive by the ocean all the time because the road we take to get to the other side of Carlsbad runs alongside the beach. And Legoland is in my area. How awesome is that?! My new companion is Hermana Magana and I love her to death. She is my long lost soul mate haha and is one of the coolest people I have ever met. Sometimes she reminds me a lot of Brittany, just with her mannerisms and how we get along, and she kind of looks like her. Something about hermana Magana: she's 19 and is a convert of a year and a half.  She is the only member in her family and has no support from them at all, whatsoever. She has the strongest testimony and is a powerful missionary. We hit it off right away and I wish she could be my companion for the rest of my mission! She's a native Spanish- Speaker (yet is from Clearfield, Utah) so I'm grateful for that because she can help me with my Spanish.  I want Jake to write her... 

This area is amazing and we have already seen so many miracles this past week. We picked up a couple new investigators who are so prepared to receive the Gospel. Guess what else?! Hermana McBride (my MTC companion) is in my district over here!! There are 6 missionaries in our ward and she is one of them!! How cool and exciting is that?! She jumped and screamed when she saw me and gave me the biggest hug ever haha. I recorded it. She was telling everyone before transfers "fast for Inman! Bring Inman back from transfers! Pray for Inman!" she's funny. 

Random fun facts: we have an investigator named Jacobo (Jacob, in spanish) and my Ward Mission Leader's name is Eric. 

As for my things and the paintings.. I dropped them off at Hermana Tippitt's house before I left Escondido. I checked out prices, but for each painting it would cost around $15 to send home- and I have 4. I also have a small cardboard box of my things there. It's probably 7x13x7? I actually have no idea, but that sounds like it could be approximately that size.  She maybe could take it over to the mission office.. Or we could ask the Zone Leaders down there to do it. I didn't realize you would be flying dad, I thought you'd just be driving. Sorry!
I don't have much time left to email today, sorry. But, I am doing wonderful and love my new area and my new companion. Thanks for everything :) I love you and miss you all!

Love,
Hermana Inman

"Ocean!" Hermana Inman in Carlsbad, CA