Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter June 4, 2014

hey fam bam!

Hola amores,
 
Alfredo didn't get baptized this past weekend, apparently he needed more time, (that's what I was told). I don't know why, but hopefully when he is baptized I'll still be able to go. I had permission to go, so that's good. He's golden, so I know he'll be baptized soon :).
 
I have the greatest parents in the world! Thank you for sending my shorts and also some snacks and chocolate in the mail :) that made my week. I always love your letters and pictures. Thanks for the USB/SD drive, I'm going to try and send you some pics today.
 
The area.. we're getting the hang of things around here and can get our way around town now. Also, it turns out that the only map we had of our area was really outdated, as of like, a year, and so our area is a little less than half of what we thought it was. We cover a small portion of San Marcos and a section of Escondido. That was good and bad news to find out- good because it's not such a huge area to cover, bad because we had been doing all of our finding in the other elders' area where all the latinos are! Haha but it's alright. We did find an investigator this past week in our area (and in their area, but we had to hand her over). Our investigator is named Aldolfo, and he's friends with one of the members in our ward. They're all from El Salvador, so they all know each other and hang out, and it turns out they have another mutual friend who has been investigating the church and will hopefully be baptized within the next month. So Aldolfo already has good influences to help him with his investigation of the church, which is great. He's a funny middle aged man. We have a lesson with him tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. We have an investigator here named Alma, and she's great as well. She has a testimony that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God; she just needs to do something with her testimony and be baptized. Her whole family is Catholic so it's a hard change for people to convert when their culture is so different. She'll come around.
 
My companion is Hermana Moffitt, she's 19, from Farmington Utah. We're different from each other, but the work is the same regardless, and she's a hard worker!
 
I'm going to cut this email short so I can have time to send a few pictures, or try to anyway. I'm glad you all are doing well! I love you and miss you tons! Thanks for everything! Have a great week and keep cool down there in the 107 degrees... it's in the 80's here haha. :)
 
Love,
Hermana Inman
 
 
 
here's hermana moffitt and I. we found mustaches in our apartment.