Blog Archive

Monday, June 24, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter June 24, 2013

Hola Chulas.

So they're keeping me here in the Carlsbad Mission! I'm happy about that! And as far as I know I'll be staying here for another transfer with Hermana Moffitt.
 
I'm doing alright.  I still love being a missionary and I love the work! 
 
Did you all watch the broadcast last night? I thought it was SO GOOD! I loved it. There's so much members can do to help move this work forward. Please find people for the missionaries to teach so they don't have to knock on doors! I thought the video clips were perfect- they showed the simple ways that members can do missionary work. Can you believe that there are over 70,000 missionaries serving right now?! That's nuts! I'm glad to hear that Dom is doing well and loving the MTC :).
 
I'm glad Torie had fun at EFY and that Jesse had fun at Scout Camp! Mom you said he passed everything- does that mean he got all the merit badges he wanted? He'll have to write me a letter and tell me all about it. I hope you all have fun at the family reunion this week! Only half of our family will be there!  I wish I could come. I know Jake does, too. How's Torie getting along with her roommate at band camp? That's cool that she remembers Jake from school! And yay for Jake for getting his first baptism! Is Jake the Assistant to the President? From all of his "duties" it sounds like he is.
 
Adolfo is doing pretty good. Something about Hispanics is they believe strongly in their dreams, and that each one of them mean something significant (most of the people I've talked to anyway). Adolfo has strange dreams on the nights that he doesn't read the Book of Mormon, and these dreams make him think that he is going in the wrong direction, or choosing the wrong path. After the end of each of our lessons, though, he realizes that it's just the adversary and that he needs to read the scriptures before bed.  He told us that he has never prayed so hard for something in his entire life as he is right now. :) that was pretty neat, to see that he has a true desire to know. 
 
We finally had a lesson with Carmen this morning! We had to cancel her baptismal date because her husband and mom are very against her getting baptized.  They are all very strong Catholics, and it makes it really difficult for Carmen because not only was her family raised that way religiously, but it's also a big deal culturally. She wants to be baptized so bad but her husband is having some issues, so we'll have to postpone her baptism until later. She's so golden!  She already knows that everything we teach is true, so she'll be baptized in due time :).
 
We picked up 3 investigators this week! I'll tell you more about them as we get to know them better and teach more.
 
Something interesting to think about: one of my teachers in the MTC told us to pay attention to each time the Book of Mormon mentions "wilderness" and apply it to the "wilderness" in our lives. Wilderness being a time of trial or testing or refining. It's really neat and gives you a cool perspective of the teachings in 1st Nephi.
 
I love and miss you all and hope you have a great week at all of your different camps and the family reunion! Be safe traveling!
 
Love,
Hermana Inman
This email came today since we have our mission conference tomorrow.