Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter June 18, 2013

This week.

Hey!
 
I didn't have any super crazy experiences this week. This week was actually pretty hard, but this new week is off to a much better start.
 
I found strength in the scriptures and in the words of Joseph Smith this week. After Joseph's vision, he was troubled by all of the persecution and unkind things that people were saying and doing to him. I felt like I could relate to him this past week. People were saying such rude and unkind things to me (just directed at me, not my companion) and I couldn't understand why it was that way when all I am trying to do is what the Lord has commanded me, and when I have done nothing wrong. It became such a regular occurance that it really weighed down on me, to the point of tears a few times. Then I read this in Joseph Smith-History, vs. 20 which says, "It seems as though the cadversary was aware, at a very early period of my life, that I was destined to prove a disturber and an annoyer of his kingdom; else why should the powers of darkness combine against me? Why the dopposition and persecution that arose against me, almost in my infancy?" That gave me such strength, and even appeared to me as a challenge from the adversary. As a missionary I am destined to be a disturber and annoyer of Satan's kingdom, and I plan to do it well.
 
Also, look up under the Index in the book of mormon under "sacrifice" and what Joseph Smith has to say about it. It might just be in the Spanish version, but I'm not sure.
 
We picked up 2 more investigators since last week. Brenda, she's about 17, and Martin, he's probably around 50. We've only had one lesson with each of them so far, but they seem to truly be interested and willing to fulfill commitments. Adolfo is awesome. We had a lesson with him last night (he's the one who is in his 50's who comes to church and activities and is awesome), and I realized one of my very favorite things about being a missionary. As we were teaching Adolfo, he was sharing with us some of his concerns, and as he was speaking, I could feel the love of the Savior so strongly, and I caught a glimpse of just how much the Savior loves Adolfo (and each of us). It's my very favorite thing. Being able to feel the love the Lord has for them, and seeing their divine worth and potencial. It's a beautiful, humbling, uplifting experience. It changes you and the way you interact with people. Carmen is doing great! We set a baptismal date with her for the 6th of July!! :). Tonia y Pancho  don't seem that interested, and I don't think it's because I called Pancho the wrong name! We're working with them and will see what happens! Things are really picking up here. I still don't have any idea what will be happening at transfers next week. We have a mission conference next Tuesday because it is the last week we have with President and Sister Cook, and then the week after that the mission splits and we get a new mission president. So the conference on the 25th will just move the people that are moving into the new mission and will send the finished missionaries home. Then on July 2nd we have normal transfers and we find out new companions and areas and stuff like that. I have a feeling that my companion and I will both stay here since we both just barely got here, but who knows?
 
I'm glad you had a nice father's day dad! :) Did you get the envelope of pictures, too? I wish we could have skyped or called. But I hope you know you are the greatest dad in the world and that I am very grateful for you. The yard looks nice! And I'm glad that you had a backup fridge at home! Nice one, mom haha. The other pictures you tried to send me in the email didn't download for some reason, but I'm sure Jesse's room looks sweet! I'll be praying for him and Torie as they attend their camps.
 
Anyway, I hope you all have a great week and I hope that you are enjoying the summer and staying cool! I keep each of you in my prayers, always. Love you and miss you.
 
Love,
Hermana Inman