Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter May 21, 2013

My Baptism's cool, my baptism's dunkin.

Dominick got baptized!!!!! :) It was a beautiful baptismal service. The events leading up to his baptism were chaotic and things have been stressful, so we can tell Satan did not want this baptism to happen. Dominick has zero support from his family at home, but his dad promised him that he'd take him to his baptism. 25 minutes before the baptism starts, Dominick calls us and tells us that his dad had just taken off with the truck and that he didn't have a ride to his baptism. Dominick lives on the opposite side of Vista from the chapel... So we called our ward mission leader to pick him up, and finally they showed up at 7:15 (the baptism was supposed to start at 7). We started the service at about 7:30, and some of the people who were assigned to give talks didn't show up, so Hermana Eskeets and I, as well as a couple of other sisters put together something on the spot, and it all turned out just fine. The spirit was so strong that night. The next day he received the Holy Ghost and the Priesthood :). His confirmation blessing was so awesome; he was told that he will enter into the temple of the Lord with a righteous young woman and be sealed to her for time and all eternity. Dominick is blessing his family for generations to come and I am so excited for him and for how much this will change his life.
 
Then, we set a firm baptismal date with Alfredo for June 1st!! Alfredo is getting baptized in 2 weeks!! SO STOKED!!! I don't know what it is about the youth these days, but they are the ones who are open to the gospel. They are the ones who are anchors and examples for their friends and families.
 
THEN, Blanca finally came to church on Sunday!!!!!! It was a MIRACLE! Then, what's even more miraculous than that, is that the family who was sitting in front of her at church was one of her family's life long best friends! :) It was so awesome and Blanca was so excited to see that she knew someone at church.
 
Well... it's transfers today, and they're finally kicking me out of Vista. I guess 5 months is long enough to stay in one area... but I'm sad to leave. I love this area and I truly love the people here. We were finally starting to see the fruit of our labors! But, the Lord needs us somewhere else I guess. They're actually whitewashing our area, which means that both Hermana Eskeets and I are moving, and that two new sisters will move in here. It's a rare occassion that this happens, but it's been happening more often as they prepare to split the mission next transfer. I don't know where I'm going yet. I just hope I get permission to come back for Alfredo's and Blanca's baptisms.
 
I'm glad to hear that the family is doing well! I'm happy to hear that Jesse has been interested in the Book of Mormon lately and that he has a desire to learn. I'm also glad to hear that the seminary graduation went well (you always do a great job Mom). That SD USB thumb drive sounds great! You asked if I was wanting any food or clothing.. if you could send me some of my basketball shorts that'd be nice- it's warming up and I'm still wearing my sweats when we run in the mornings. And did I keep my black dress? I can't remember if I gave it away or not, but if it's still in my closet, can you send that to me too? As for food... snacks would be cool. Like granola bars or something. And chocolate haha. But you don't have to rush those things to me, just when you get the chance.
 
The weather here has been pretty warm, and it's so nice! There's always a nice breeze here in Vista because we're pretty close to the beach. How's the weather over there in AZ? Are you baking yet? When does school get out? Are the dogs back in their kiddie pool?
 
I hope you have a great week! I'll let you know next week where they've sent me! This is the last transfer for President and Sister Cook, and the last transfer we have as the original "CA Carlsbad Mission" because they split the mission in July to create the Irvine mission (which I may or may not be moved to...). Exciting times!
 
I love you all and miss you tons!
 
Love,
Hermana Inman