Blog Archive

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter May 14, 2013

Hello Family!
 
It was so good to see you the other day :) you all look great- healthy and happy! Me hace feliz, eso.
I hope you had a happy mother's day mom! The other day I was watching some cool mothers day videos on lds.org, and they made me get all teary-eyed because I miss you so much! You are the best mother in the world and I love you dearly. Thanks for everything. I'm sure the seminary graduation will go well this Sunday, I know you've worked really hard and put a lot of time and energy and planning into this.
 
Congratulations Torie on getting straight A's! You are so awesome! You are so smart. I'm glad Jesse had fun on his campout.. I know Jesse would camp for the rest of his life if he could. His sweet room will make him think he's camping all the time! That's crazy that Jake is already training!! He is one stellar missionary, no doubt. His little trainee is lucky to have him. It was nice to talk to him the other day :). I'm glad everthing else is going well at home and that you are enjoying the house and making it a "refuge from the world." I told Jake that the only reason you are doing all this cool stuff after we leave is because without Jake and I at home life is boring, so you have to make up for it somehow ;) haha.
 
Mom, you asked how you could share the gospel with the neighbors across the street, and that as you've been praying for them, you keep running into them more and more haha. That is no coincedence! The Lord needs you to be a missionary to them- it's not as intimidating that way like it would be if the full-time missionaries came over. You may have already tried these ideas, but if you haven't, they're worth a shot: invite them to a ward activity/party with you. Go to the park or the pool together for a play date with Jesse and their kids. Invite them over for dinner or a bbq or something. Bring up Jake and I and what we're doing on our missions. You just need to be their friend. Being their friend and an example to them will open up more opportunities for missionary work than just inviting them to church or to listen to the missionaries. Just spend more time with them and get to know them, and then keep praying to have a missionary opportunity with them, and that their hearts and minds can be open to the gospel. The majority of converts I have talked to have told me that they joined the church because they had a friend who introduced them to the gospel.
 
Speaking of the Gospel, Dominick is getting baptized this Saturday the 18th!!!! WWOOOOOOO!! Can I just say that I am STOKED? I am so excited for him! He is a champion! He's been inviting all of his family and friends and is such a great example to them. He's so faithful and a such a strong desire to do what's right. I'll send home pictures. I wish I could email them, but for some reason I can't do that with my camera until I install this special software. But, if you send me the other SD card soon, I'll send home this one here with more recent pictures.
 
This past week has been kind of hard for me- it's been really humbling and that's never enjoyable haha. Nobody likes humble pie. It tastes gross. I've been told a million times this past week and a half that I have really bad Spanish. People make comments about how they knew someone who's spanish "was worse than yours!" and how the other missionaries were better to listen to because they could understand them better, and how I still sound like a gringa... BAH. It's really frustrating. I'm trying! I'm supposed to be fluent by now and sound super cool but that's not how it's working out for me! Nevertheless.... I'm still working on it and hope that someday I will be able to speak better. Everyone felt like they needed to point out my flaws this week too, so that was nice haha. Oh well, I know it's for my benefit and that I need to get rid of my pride. It makes better missionaries, right? AND I STILL LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY.
 
I'm catching up on my letter writing, be patient with me! I will write you back!
 
Thanks for all of your support and love. I'm so glad I got to see you guys the other day. I love you and miss you all! Have a great week and remember to share the gospel!
 
Love,
Hermana Inman