Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter April 9, 2013

Hey Howdy

False alarm, I am NOT training this transfer! That was just a huge rumor that basically the whole zone spread around. However, I am "greenie-breaking" a sister, which means I'm her first companion after her trainer, so that's exciting! I am staying in Vista again, which was also a surprise. We used to be able to predict what was going to happen at transfers, but now with the influx of missionaries and a soon-to-be-split mission, nothing is predictable and lots of crazy changes are happening. I am a little nervous to lead the area, but I'm excited at the same time. I hit my 6 months this week! I can't believe it! I'm already 1/3 of the way done!
 
Blanca came to general conference!!!!! WOO HOO!!! She absolutely loved it and told us that she is going to change her life! It was wonderful. We have a lesson with her tonight, and are hoping she will accept the baptismal invitation now. She's been hesitant since day 1, but she truly has a desire to know the truth and we know that when she gets her answer, that this is true, that she will surely be baptized. Conference was so wonderful, I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. That's awesome that Jesse loves Elder Bednar, I do too. He and Elder Holland are my favorite speakers. Did you notice how conference seemed to have a theme of strengthening home and family? It seemed like almost every single speaker spoke a little bit about that, about how to safegaurd our homes and strengthen relationships. The family is so important in everything that we do. We need each other to support, love, and encourage. It's harder for Satan to ruin families that have strong relationships and testimonies. I'm so grateful for my family and the relationships that we have; we make a great team :). How exciting that Gabe got his mission call! Congratulations to him! Dad, can you send me some mission stories and experiences? I've been realizing that I hardly know anything about your mission at all and I feel guilty for not asking you about it very much before. I would love it if you would tell me all about it. Investigators, finding, experiences, companions, difficult times, and favorite memories- all of it. I've just about finished my first mission journal :) I plan to fill up several more!
 
The garden looks great dad! Bien hecho. I'm excited to talk to you all on mothers day and see your faces! Sure, I'll speak in Spanish mom haha :) you'll just have to remind me. Have fun at prom Torie! I can't wait to see the pictures! I'm sure you will look absolutely stunning. I'm glad Jesse is coming out of his shell and is making jokes :). I'm also glad that Jake is doing so well on his mission. We email sometimes, but I still miss him like crazy.
 
Hermana Farr goes home tomorrow and Sister Bergau (one of my roommates) is transferring, and I'm sad! I'm going to miss them both! We had a sleepover in our apartment last night by pulling out all of our mattresses into the living room one last time before we all go our seperate ways. Good times.
The weather here is nice! Perfect, actually. It's in the 70's during the day and gets to the 50's at night. Not too shabby. Thank goodness, too, because we've been spending hours each day just knocking on doors and talking to people in the streets so we can find more people to teach. Some people are so rude, but you just have to laugh about it and keep going. I think that's how it is with most things in life. Just laugh your way through it. :)
 
I love you all and miss you so much! Thank you for all that you do for me and for everyone else. I can feel your prayers. Have a fun and safe week! Share your favorite conference talk with someone this week.
 
Love,
Hermana Inman