Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter April 16, 2013

Miracle Week!!

It's been a week of miracles! We picked up some new investigators this week :) a family of 6 and also a 15 year old boy named Alfredo. They are all golden! We were also blessed with a lot of referrals and lessons this week. Families are a gold mine because they have each other to strengthen and encourage each other to read and pray and go to church. The mom and two of her children came to church on Sunday.
 
We had a neat experience yesterday. As we were driving down the street, we saw someone eating a doughnut, and we wanted one really bad. We continued on with our work, and as we were walking back to our car a few hours later, we stopped in the gas station to see if they had any doughnuts. They did, but they were all crusty and old and gross, so we didn't buy any. We were bummed but we got over it. We later went to visit a less active lady who we don't get to see very often, and she offered us doughnuts! She said she had bought them this morning and she couldn't find anyone at her house to eat them! It was such a silly, small thing, but it showed us just how "fatherly" our Heavenly Father really is. He knew this morning that we would be wanting a doughnut later today, and so he had somebody buy doughnuts so we could have some :). He's a dad who just wants his daughters to be happy, and so he blesses us with even the small little things that bring us happiness. Then again later that night, we were walking to another house, but something told us that we should just go back to the car. We listened and went back to the car. As soon as we closed the car doors and were inside it, it started to rain outside! (there were so signs of rain coming). Heavenly Father blessed us to be dry and not wandering dark rainy streets at night, because He is our Father who truly wants the best for us. Not that walking in the rain on a dark road at night would have been a bad thing, but He decided to bless us with extra protection anyways.
 
Another cool experience: This morning we got a phone call from an unrecognized number. We answered and this man said "hello, is this sisters Farr and Inman? This is Efren. Do you remember me? You met me outside the gas station the other month and invited me to come back to church? I just found your card with your number on it and felt like I needed to call you and let you know ever since that day, my life has been changing. I went back to church and I've been reading the Book of Mormon every day. I'm turning my life around and I'm in a home right now that's helping me to overcome my addictions. I was just wondering, could you send me some more study materials and my baptismal certificate? I really want to change and help people in the church. I think that's my mission for my life right now." CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!! No effort is ever wasted!! I told him that I remembered him and that I was so so happy for him. SUCH a NEAT experience! You rarely see the results of many of your efforts as a missionary, but oh boy, when you see them, it's a huge miracle and makes you feel like a million dollars (and more). So that was fun :).
 
Hermana Eskeets is my new companion and she is totally awesome. I love her already. She's super funny and outgoing and spiritual and focused. She's navajo! I also have a new roommate who is from a small tropical island that I can't pronounce or spell, and she's super awesome. She ran away from home so that she could serve a mission instead of follow through with an arranged marriage. How neat is that?
 
Thanks so much for my package mom :) the socks are exactly what I needed and you were inspired to send me my shoes! You are the best. Thank you also mom and dad for doing my taxes. I hope it wasn't too big of a pain and that you had all of my information that you needed. I'm glad that the surgery went well, I've been praying that dad will fully recover soon! I'm so glad that Torie had such a blast at prom!! That sounded amazing!! The pictures are beautiful, and Torie you look absolutely stunning! I'm also excited for Dom to go through the temple soon, tell him hello and congratulations for me. When does he leave again? I'm happy to hear that you were able to figure out what to do with Jesse's schooling, I'm glad things are better now and that he's learning. What are brittany, morgan, sydney, and taylynns addresses?
 
I love you all and miss you! Thank you for all of your support. Have a great week!
 
Love,
Hermana Inman