Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter April 23, 2013

Bring on the Miracles!

HEY!
 
Alfredo came to church and stayed for 2 hours!! He is so great! He reads a chapter in the Book of Mormon and prays every single day. He's excited about our visits and lets us come over several times a week! :) who is this kid?! He's so awesome! He dropped his baptismal date because he doesn't want to commit until he has a sure answer, but we know as soon as he receives an answer he will be baptized. Speaking of baptisms, remember Juan Pablo? Our investigator from Fallbrook, when Hna Farr and I worked in Fallbrook? The "eternigator" of like 7 years? He just got baptized this last Saturday and I got to go :) It was beautiful. AND, remember Andres? The Golden son of God hermana Farr and I found and taught back in Jan/Feb and then had to pass off to the singles ward? Well he went MIA for a couple months and nobody could find him anywhere. Then, the other week, he just shows up to church on Sunday and says he's ready to be baptized! So, this Saturday he will be baptized and I get to attend his baptism as well :). Look at all of these miracles happening!! I could die of happiness! Then, Betty and Lorenzo (investigators of the elders in our ward) have been waiting to get a marriage license for 7 years so they could be baptized, and they finally got it so they're getting married this friday (it's going to be HUGE!) and then they are getting baptized on Saturday. It is going to be beautiful. In all these seven years they have come to church every single sunday and fulfill their "assignments" in the ward. What an example. The Villarreals (the family we just started teaching) are doing well, we've only been able to see them twice in the last two weeks however. Blanca, one of our other investigators, is stubborn.. she has an answer, she knows it and we know it, but she doesn't want to give up her coffee addiction and her occasional drinks, and we think there is an underlying doubt. The problem is that she won't pray to know if Joseph Smith is a prophet (because she knows that once she knows for sure, she'll have to change and follow her answer haha). We're working with her though and will be seeing her again tonight. She'll come around. I don't have much to report about our other investigators right now.
 
Thanks for sharing your missionary experiences with me dad! I love to hear them :) please keep 'em coming! I'm glad to hear that Jesse is going home teaching and is being such an awesome missionary. I just got his letter, I will write to him as soon as possible. Today is cleaning checks, so I don't have very much time to write letters today. I will write next week for sure though. I got the coolest package ever from the Rio Vista YSA ward!! They are so awesome! They filled it with snacks and treats and missionary essentials. Totally made my week. Hey, tell Jesse that for breakfast this morning I had pancakes and sausage- on a stick! I feel like Jake (Lacey's missionary brother), talking about food all the time. I'm excited for Dom (Lacey's adopted brother) to go to the temple this weekend! Tell me how it goes! I'll be praying for him to feel the spirit. How did Torie's audition go? I'm glad mom and Jesse are enjoying homeschool together. That's fun that the Grants are moving into our ward! They are great people.
 
This week I have been reading about the army of Helaman and the battles and trials they had to endure. These young men had such great faith. I was reading in chapter 58; it's an epistle of Helaman, and he's frustrated with the government because they won't send them more troops to help them, and the other army is much larger. But, regardless, his army stays faithful and knows that the Lord will deliver them. In verse 37: But, behold, it mattereth not—we trust God will adeliver us, notwithstanding the weakness of our armies, yea, and deliver us out of the hands of our enemies. (and then v. 39-40): And those sons of the people of Ammon, of whom I have so highly spoken, are with me in the city of Manti; and the Lord has supported them, yea, and kept them from falling by the sword, insomuch that even aone soul has not been slain. But behold, they have received many wounds; nevertheless they astand fast in that bliberty wherewith God has made them free; and they are strict to remember the Lord their God from day to day; yea, they do observe to keep his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments continually; and their faith is strong in the prophecies concerning that which is to come."
 
What faith and righteousness! I know that as we are strict to remember our God each day, that we too will be delivered from our every day battles, regardless of how many wounds they may afflict upon us. I also like Moroni 7:33- we can do anything if we have faith in the Lord.
 
I love you and miss you all. I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. Oh, can you please send the SD card sometime so I can send you some more pictures? Thanks :). Have a fun and safe week! Thank you for all of your love and support and prayers. I can feel it all the way over here.
 
Love,
Hermana Inman