Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter April 30, 2013

Hola Mis Amores!

Hey Fam Bam!
 
I'm glad to hear that Dom had a nice experience going through the temple for the first time. I'm especially excited to hear that his mom and 2 friends are going to be taking the missionary discussions!!! That's a HUGE miracle! WOW! That is so awesome! I'll be praying for them. Let me know how it goes. When does Dom leave again? I forgot.. it's hard to keep track of everyone. I am glad that this weekend went well. Congratulations on your audition Torie! When do you find out the results? I'm sure you did amazing! You have such talent and you've practiced so hard. Thanks for sharing your missionary experiences with me dad, I love reading them every week, and I feel like in some way I can relate to each of your experiences. Your testimony and faith gives me strength.
 
Thanks mom for sending me my piano book the other week! I've only been able to practice a few times, but I've been making progress, so hopefully I can help out our ward sometime soon. That's neat that you've been practicing lately too! What songs have you been playing/practicing?
 
Andres didn't get baptized on Saturday like he planned to.. his family threatened to kick him out, and since he has no place to go, he didn't get baptized. It's interesting- his parents just kicked out his brother for being an alcoholic, and now, they want to kick out Andres for being baptized. However, he did come to Betty and Lorenzo's baptism on Saturday and enjoyed it. There were a ton of people at their wedding and baptism! The entire chapel was filled, and some people had to stand in the back at the baptism service! Almost all the missionaries in Vista were there with their investigators too, so that was really neat! Mexican weddings are super fun, by the way. They had a live mariachi band going from table to table as we ate dinner, and they have the right music, dances, games, food, etc. (not that we could dance with them, but it was fun to watch!). The night before the wedding we were all at the church setting up, and I helped a few sisters in the ward skin over 200 frozen chickens! Good times.
 
This past weekend was the Mormon Helping Hands with Catholic Charities community project. We worked with North County food bank to collect food for the food bank... I sat outside Albertsons with a big barrell and a sign asking for food haha. I don't know how people do that day after day. There's pictures of me up on the "Vista 4th Ward" Facebook Page. Check it out!
 
We picked up 4 new investigators this past week, so that was cool. They've all taken the discussions before, but are ready to try it out again and see if they are ready to be baptized. I'll let you know more about them later. My computer time is short again today. So much to do in so little time! Ah! Other than that, there weren't very many awesome experiences to share this past week. That's usually how it goes- an awesome week, then a bland week. Hermana Eskeets and I still get along great and have good times together. It's hard to believe that there's only 2 more weeks left of this transfer.
 
I'm not sure yet about Mother's Day, if I'll be calling or skyping. I'll be sure to let you know asap though. I'm glad to hear that the family is doing so well! I love you and miss you all very much. Thanks for your prayers and support. I hope and pray that you will have a great week this week!
 
Love,
Hermana Inman
Hermana Eskeets


Hermanas Eskeet and Inman at Helping Hands event in Vista, CA, April 2013


Lorenzo and Betty, Hermana Inman's investigators, baptized April 2013 in Vista, CA

Hermana Inman at Helping Hands event in Vista, CA, April 2013

 
Hermanas Inman and Eskeet