Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter April 2, 2013

Hey Fam Bam

Hello!
 
So, word on the street is that I start training next week. AH! I find out tonight or tomorrow morning. My district leader and zone leaders and lots of other missionaries say that I am... so we'll see! I am definitely nervous! I feel like I just barely got out here. But, if the Lord calls me to it, I know I can. This week is my last week with Hermana Farr- she goes home next week! I will miss her.
 
Thank you for the Easter Package :) it got here right on time. If you could forward my thanks to the Easter Bunny, too, that'd be great.
 
Are you excited for conference?! I'm stoked!! I get to listen in my native language and eat snacks; it's going to be great. What's even better is that Blanca, one of our investigators, will be there with us on Saturday! And it's a miracle because we haven't been able to get her to church, but she is finally going to come. I am sad to say that we are dropping Ernestina. She always cancels our appointments and only wants us over to make their food and clean their house. We don't mind doing those things, but if we aren't helping her come closer to Christ through baptism, we are not fulfilling our purpose and are thus wasting our time. We also found out this last Sunday from our Relief Society president that Ernestina has been with 6 different sets of missionaries, and every single time it ends the same- she meets with the missionaries because she wants free food from the church, and so she's always calling the bishop and relief society president and asking them to give her free food... it was so frustrating when we found that out. We were frustrated with her and with the previous missionaries who didn't write anything about that in her teaching record. It is so important to update teaching records and make it detailed! If that had happened, 6 sets of missionaries and the poor ward council wouldn't have had to deal with this over and over again. So I was thinking about it and was trying to figure out why in the world the Lord had placed Ernestina in our path that day if this was the case, and I think that maybe we had to be the ones to finally write this down on her teaching record so that other missionaries wouldn't have to deal with it again. Maybe there's other reasons too, I don't know. But I know that everything happens for a reason, and I trust the Lord that it was for a wise purpose.
 
We're teaching Tina's neighbor, Andy, and we set a baptismal date with him this past week, and we're super stoked! We gave him a Book of Mormon last week and when we came back the next day for our lesson, he said "I'm sorry, I only got to chapter 8! I tried to read more but I got so busy!" We were like, are you kidding?! You already read through 8 chapters in the Book of Mormon in one day?! What a champ! He's pretty great. A ver que pasa.
 
I'm healthy and happy. I don't need meds right now, but need some socks- the kind to wear with my running shoes, and the kind to wear with flats. Would it be possible to send me some? I might have some in my drawer at home... I don't remember. Also, could you please send me my piano book "hymns made easy"? Hardly anyone here plays the piano and so they always ask the missionaries to play and to lead the music and things like that, but I can't play the regular hymns. I figure I could practice the easy ones though and play them in sacrament meeting. Oh, speaking of sacrament meeting, I've been translating a little bit! We take turns translating the talks from spanish to english for visitors or for kids who don't speak spanish each week. It's hard! It's exciting and rewarding though when you do it :) this girl is learning Spanish! No, I don't have an accent yet haha. That's crazy that Kari is already home! I love that she has an accent. That's my goal for the end of my mission- to have a mexican accent.
 
Anyway, how was everybody's Easter? I'm glad things seem to be going well at home :) I pray for each of you daily. I love and miss you all! Have a great day! Thank you for all that you do for me and for all of your sacrifices. I appreciate it more than you know.
 
Love,
Hermana Inman