Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter January 15, 2013

Top O the mornin to ya
 
Hey howdy,
 
I'm so excited for Jake to get his endowments this week and for his farewell! He is so awesome! And that's a bummer that somebody blabbed about the surprise party this Saturday.. oh well. It's going to be an exciting weekend! Let me know how it goes! That's fun that Jesse will be speaking on Sunday as well! Is this his first talk? What is he speaking about? Did he write it all by himself? I'm sorry to say that I laughed pretty hard when I heard about the dogs destroying Torie's phone haha that would happen to her. Those puppies are so silly. Did that phone have insurance? My old phone still works (the smart phone one) that I used before I left. I'm not sure where I put it, but if you can't buy a new one right now Torie can use that one. If there's pictures on it though I'd like her to save them. It might be in my night stand... I'm not sure.
 
I can't believe that it is colder in Arizona than it is in California! 20 degrees?! That's ridiculous. It has been freezing cold here, too, but it's only gotten to like 40 degrees... I've had a cold for a couple weeks that I think might be turning into a sinus infection because my allergies are awesome when the weather is bad. But I'm fine. Oh, am I supposed to take Claritin with Singulair? Zyrtec with singulair? What was the combination? I can't remember so I've only been taking one.
 
My district leader told me you sent me a package :) I haven't been able to see him yet to get the mail, but thank you in advance for sending me a package :) that's the best thing ever- is to receive mail from home. I don't care which photos you put up on the blog, whichever ones you feel like. Actually, I would like the picture of Mayolo and his family to go up there but I don't care which other ones you put up.
 
I do write in my journal a few times a week! This is definitely the Lord's work and He reminds us of that each day, it's so neat and really just amazing. :) The Lord knows where each of His children are, and He knows at exactly what time they need to hear the Gospel. I try to write each of those divinely inspired experiences in my journal. It's already proven to be helpful on the mission to have a journal, because when things are rough I can just go back and read about an experience I had and how my testimony was strengthened, and it gives me the strength to keep moving. How is your journal writing going mom and dad?
 
Dad, do you know Whitney Moss's address? Some of the missionaries in Temecula would love to go talk to her... :) but if you think she might be offended or not ready or something, I understand. Maybe I'll run into her sometime when I serve in Temecula. But, you never know, her family could be ready to receive the Gospel!
 
Oh, Jake, I forgot to tell you in the email I sent to you- memorize the "how to begin teaching bullet points" in preach my gospel in chapter 10. It will save your life.
 
We've been reading about faith this week in the Book of Mormon, in Ether. Read Ether 6:6&12. Each day we ask for miracles to happen in our lives when we say our prayers. However, we must remember that the Lord cannot do anything until we prove to Him that we have enough faith. Faith proceeds miracles. We receive no witness until after the trial of our faith. Maybe this week you could take a few minutes each night and count the miracles that happened in your life that day. There's a lot!
 
Also, I learned something interesting this week about prayer. When we end our prayers, we say "in the name of Jesus Christ, amen." Therefore, everything we say in our prayer, we say in Christ's name. Another thing- prayer is "the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other...." (prayer in Bible Dictionary- read the rest, it's really interesting!). So, if prayer really is binding our will with God, of course we can pray in the name of Jesus Christ. But, if we ask for things that may or may not be God's will, we can't really say "in the name of Jesus Christ" at the end of our prayer. Just something to think about.
 
Thanks so much for writing to me each week :) reading each of your letters/emails is my favorite part of P-Day. I hope you all stay warm and healthy! Have a great week and an even more AWESOME weekend! I'm sure it's going to be wonderful.
 
I love you all and miss you very much. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.
 
Love,
Hermana Inman