Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter January 8, 2013

Buenas Tardes!
 
This week was interesting, as I'm sure every single week will be. I'm finding that many times every single one of your plans in a day will fall through, and even your backup plans, and yet somehow the Lord puts someone else in our path who really needs the Gospel right now. The Lord is involved in every detail of our lives, especially in missionary work. The Lord protects His missionaries and blesses them when they put forth all their heart, mind, and strength (and then some more after that). Sometimes it's surprising when we talk to someone and they are actually interested in learning about the Gospel- you never know who is ready to receive it! So talk to everyone!
 
Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! I'm so glad to have been so blessed with faithful parents who are sealed in the temple and have a beautiful marriage. It is a great example for me and brings so much peace into our family's life.
 
This month (on the 10th &11th) is a mini anniversary for me because it's my 3 month mark of my mission and my month mark in the actual mission field! Woop woop! Pretty exciting! It's also my trainer's year mark in the field this week, so we plan to have a party.  The language is coming, still slowly but surely. I understand most of the time what is being said it's just speaking that's the hard part. The members and our investigators are kind though and help me out when I can't think of the right word. Most of them speak a little bit of English.
 
This week the members have given us so much bread! On January 6th, Mexicans celebrate the wise men, and I don't remember all of the details, but basically they celebrate the wise men finding Christ and giving gifts to him. Part of this celebration includes a sweet bread that they make with sugar and fruit on the top of it. Inside of this bread they hide 4 little dolls (they put them into the dough before it is baked). Then, when you cut the bread, if your piece has a doll in it, you have to throw a party (I think within the next week or so, maybe month) for all of the people there. Any reason for a party here :).
 
Mom, I'm glad you were able to visit with Gaylene. I'm glad you had a good time! Thanks for giving those shirts to Megan! I'm glad she liked them. Thank you for your words of encouragement mom. I looked at that mormon message about the currant bush, and I really enjoyed it, it was the perfect message for me.
 
Congratulations Jake on working on your recommend and setting up the day to get your endowments out! You are awesome! Just remember to go with an open mind and pray and maybe fast before you go. Which day exactly are you going on? You'll have to let me know how it goes :)
 
Torie, how's school going? Band? What have you been up to lately?
 
Jesse, how is your school going? The Star Wars dance sounds like that will be so much fun! Who are you going to dress up like?
 
I'm glad that you are feeling better dad. Are you still sore? How's work going? Thank you for reminding me about the sons of Mosiah in the Book of Mormon. They are my role models and perfect examples of how a missionary should be. They definitely went through so many trials and I'm sure they never once complained.
 
President Cook (our mission president) extended a challenge to us for this year to read through the Book of Mormon before Easter, and to highlight every single refrence there is to Christ. The Book of Mormon truly does testify of Christ, you can see that from all of the red highlighter marks on each of my pages. If you haven't ever done that before, try it out. It is helping me to come closer to the Savior and to realize how our whole lives are centered on Him and the atonement.
 
I can't think of anything else that I need from home, but I'll let you know if I think of anything. Thank you :).
 
There is a sweet sweet family here named the Legg family. The Legg family lives in a trailer park and they don't have very much, but they give us and everyone else SO much! All that they have they share with others. They are also power missionaries! Everyone they come in contact with is introduced to the gospel. She's adopted Hermana Farr and I as her daughters here. She's the one who let us come with them on Christmas morning to skpe and make our phone calls. They take really good care of us and are always making sure that we are fed and taken care of. I'm not sure why I told you that except that maybe you don't need to worry if I'm being taken care of and watched over. :)
 
I watched a mormon message this week called "good things to come" by Jeffrey R. Holland. Check it out, it's so good :). All the mormon messages are really uplifting, really. Watch some more of them!
I hope you all have a great week! Share the gospel with all of your neighbors and coworkers and aquaintances. Send the missionaries over to visit them. If you're too shy to bring it up with your friends yourselves, ask the missionaries how they can help with that. Just make sure that everyone knows the Good News!
 
I love you and miss you very much. Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers, I can definitely feel them each day.
 
Love,
Hermana Inman