Blog Archive

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hermana Inman's Letter November 29, 2012

HOLA!!

Hello Everybody!!!

Thanksgiving was so great and they treated us so good! Jeffrey R. Holland came, we did a humanitarian project for the people in Mali (Africa), we had a fun evening program that had skits and funny songs and then the MTC presidency gave everybody popcorn and let us watch 17 Miracles. It was a great day! I hope your Thanksgiving was just as wonderful.


Somebody told me this week that in Babylonia (that's what we call the outside world) that Puerto Rico became a part of the United States... is that true?

Our district found some funny yet wise scriptures the other day in Proverbs 25:14 & 21:19, check them out. You'll get a good laugh.


This week we learned about how important it is to serve others before you can try to preach to them. Sometimes service is the best way to preach anyways. We were reading in Alma 17 about Ammon, and how he dedicated 14 years to serve King Lamoni before he even tried to preach to him, which in turn, opened King Lamoni's heart. I also learned that each day before we go to bed we should think to ourselves (and write in our journal) "what message has God given me today?" and "how have I seen God's hand in my life today?". It's amazing how much the Lord is a part of our lives each day. Every little miracle or tender mercy, and subtle messages here and there. Sometimes they're bigger ones. Also, when we recognize them by writing them down, the Lord blesses us with more as we show more gratitude. Another quote I liked this week, "I've found that with this church you're either all the way in or you're all the way out. There is no in between. So, I must ask you, are you all the way in, or are you out?"

I will hopefully be getting my travel plans tomorrow! Woop Woop! I am SO stinkin EXCITED to get to California!! You will know next Thursday about my flight and when I can call home. If it goes according to plan, I should be scheduled to fly out on the 11th of December (which is in just over a week!). CRAZY! Today we (Hna. McBride and I) met a couple who just got informed that they will be mission presidents in July to a Spanish speaking mission. They don't know which mission they will be over, but they received a list of a couple of options and Carlsbad, CA is one of them! So they could very well be my next mission presidents! So that was fun :). They were awesome.

How exciting that Torie got her Patriarchal Blessing! I'm sure it was such an amazing experience and blessing. Torie, tell me how it went/ how you felt! Yes, Jen can use my prom dresses for that night as long as none of the girls take them home and are very careful and don't stretch them out :) haha. I haven't seen Spencer Barrett yet, but I've been looking out for him. Chances are I'll see him sometime this next week. The MTC is such a small place. I got to be a host yesterday for all of the new missionaries! That was pretty fun I guess. I just had to help a new sister take her bags and find her room and her books and her class. It seems like I was just barely the new missionary who needed help- now I'm una vieja aqui en el CCM (an old lady here at the MTC).

That was awesome to hear about Dom doing baptisms for his dad and grandparents!! That is SO cool! Tell him I said congratulations. Congratulations to Mikayla Flemming on her mission call! She will be a great missionary.  That was such a cute story about Jake and Jesse on the way home from the airport :) that made me laugh and smile. Too stinkin cute.

Jorge (one of my investigators) got baptized this past Saturday :) it is such a good feeling, and I'm not even doing the real thing yet. We also got a new investigator this week named Librado. Librado has taken the missionary discussions many times before, so I know he likes the church and he even said he feels that the Book of Mormon is true, but something is holding him back, so hopefully the Lord will help us to help him come unto Christ.

I keep learning more and more each week and at the same times things get harder and harder each week. If you could keep me in your prayers that would be grand. I can definitely feel all of your prayers already and am so grateful for them. I pray for each of you every day and think about you often. Thank you so much for your letters of support and encouragement and love. They mean so much to me and help me more than you know.

Yo se que Dios es muy amoroso y escuche y conteste nuestros oraciones. Tenia muchas experiencias con eso esta semana. Yo se que el Libro De Mormon es la palabra de Dios y entonces es verdadera. Yo se que Dios tiene una plan por cada persona y El ama todo. Yo se que este Evangelio puede ayudar todas las personas quien existen, con cualquier problema tiene.

Me amo ustedes y estoy muy agradecida por ustedes. Espera que tienen un buen "holiday season!" :) Feliz Navidad! No olviden la razon por la Navidad. Es la celebracion de la nacio de Jesucristo, y esa es la mejor don podemos recebir. (I don't know if I said that right, but you get the idea!).

Love you all! Have a great week!

Love,
Hermana Inman