Blog Archive

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Hermana Inman's Last MTC Email December 6, 2012

CALIFORNIA HERE I COME!!!


My travel plans got here last week! (of course I would get them the night of my p-day when I have to wait a whole other week to tell you about it). I fly out to the San Diego airport from SLC this Tuesday on the 11th. We leave the MTC at 5:00am, which means I can call home sometime between 6 and 8am!! Will that time work out okay? Will you dear elder me and let me know how that will work out? Dad I know you have work in the morning... :/ maybe they could let you come in late? Mom do you have seminary that day? Can you find a sub? I am SO SO excited to hear your voices!! I'm already crying haha. I bought a calling card, so that part is figured out, all you have to do is be there to answer the call :) I'll have about an hour to an hour and a half to talk. We're doing a pre-pack today to make sure that everything fits and is under the weight limit for luggage. I finally sent home a package today that has some things I don't need anymore, and a few other things. Hopefully you'll get it next week.

I have been seeing Jacob Moss, Spencer Barrett, Sarah Valdez, and Abby Poston a lot :) it's so fun to have friends here from Arizona! I have pictures with each of them that hopefully I will be able to either email or send home soon. It's difficult to email pictures from the MTC, but sometimes it works. Otherwise you'll just have to wait until I send home my SD card. But I can't send it back until I receive the other one I sent home so that I can still take pictures. Please tell Sister Barrett that Spencer is doing just fine, and that she doesn't need to worry. Spencer said that his mom is freaking out haha. He's supposed to be in the MTC in Brazil, but he had to come here instead because he didn't get his Visa yet. It's been a huge problem with a TON of missionaries lately, nobody has been able to get their visas, so they've all been temporarily reassigned to either a different mission in the states or to the referral center here in the MTC. Such a bummer.

Want to know something AMAZINGLY EXCITING?! So, yesterday, my roommate got a letter from her mom saying that her friend just got his mission call, but when he went to open it, it just said "please call this number." So he did, and who should answer the phone but PRESIDENT THOMAS S. MONSON?! President Monson told her friend that he has been called to MAINLAND CHINA and he asked him to serve for THREE YEARS! WHAT! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?! China is being opened to missionary work now! I believe that mission and as well as a TON new missions are being opened up during the April session of General Conference! I heard that from a reliable source, but it's not a fact... still. CHINA! FINALLY! We all literally screamed and jumped up and down for a few minutes when we heard that. This gospel is progressing so fast! It's amazing! The Lord is hastening His work and needs more servants to come join the ranks! This is such a wonderful time to be a missionary and to be a part of this gospel. But, even if you don't have an official "Missionary Call", everyone is called to the work and is expected to be a missionary to all those around them.

Dad, which Argentina mission did you serve in? Did you know an Elder Larsen? Chances are you probably didn't serve with him, but one of my friends here said that her dad is the same age and served in Argentina so I was just wondering.

I got to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional last Sunday, it was wonderful. It reminded me of the scarf Torie made me over the summer, that she gave me for my birthday/mission. She spent so much time working on that, and she put so much love into it. It is truly one of the best gifts I have received. Will you please tell her thank you so much for me, and that I love wearing it here at the MTC because it keeps me warm? Thanks :). How is she doing? How did Jake's finals go? When does Jesse start his testing? What is he asking for for Christmas?
Since I am moving to California on Tuesday, it would be best if letters were sent to my mission home now, unless they're dearelders, because I can get those tomorrow and Saturday. But after that, I would just send them to CA. I've been asked if you can use dearelder.com to send my letters to California... I think you can, but you have to pay for postage and then they will print it and send it out with pouch mail. I'm not 100% sure though, so could you maybe check that out? Aunt Muche asked me about that. We'll probably just resort to emails again each week now (our family-mom dad jake torie and jesse), and I'll just learn to be extra fast at reading and typing so I can finish before my 30 minutes is up.

I feel like my language is digressing, but at the same time some things are making more sense to me.. it's so confusing. Some days are awesome and some days are awful. Such is the life of a missionary :). I'm so excited to get out into the field! I've met quite a few people here in the MTC who are going to Carlsbad, Spanish speaking, so that's fun.

Thank you so much for your words and scriptures of encouragement! I love them! This week my favorite scripture has been in D&C 108:7- read it! I've been trying to follow the counsel in that scripture and uplift someone every time I say or do something. I also love D&C section 4, read it!

I hope you are all doing well and are enjoying the holidays! Drink some hot chocolate and eat lots of treats for me! I love and miss you all! Talk to you on Tuesday morning :)

Love,
Lacey