Blog Archive

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Hermana Inman Letter February 10, 2014

I ate a grasshopper.

WE SET A BAPTISMAL DATE WITH VANESSA!!!!! MARCH 1ST!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!  And guess what else?!  HER MOM CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY!!!!! That was probably the biggest miracle of all! Her mom always avoids us and doesn't ever want to learn about the gospel, but, she came to church yesterday and stayed for all three hours!! Can you believe that?!! I guess if your child is baptized you'd want to know what she's getting into. We picked up two new investigators this week, Viviana and her 11 yr old daughter Briana.  They are GOLDEN and are progressing.  Speaking of progressing investigators, we had 11 this week!! I've never seen that before in my life!  11 progressing investigators!!! A couple of them didn't come to church, so that bumped it down to 9. haha.  We finally saw Jacobo this week and were able to talk about the strength of his testimony and what we can do to help him progress towards baptism. He stopped drinking coffee :).  We finally finished an entire lesson with Maria because she talks so much but we figured out how to hold her attention.  The pizza party with the Martinez family went really well, and now they have some good friends at church.  Great things are happening!! Oh, I tried chapolines at the pizza party.... chapolines are cooked grasshoppers. mmmm!! actually it was really gross.  see attached pictures below.


 
And this is how it tasted.
 

 
Hermana Woodruff has been really sick lately, so are spending a lot of time in doctors offices, but somehow the Lord still blessed our area and our investigators/less-actives.  If you could please keep Hermana Woodruff in your prayers this week she would really appreciate it.
 
We had a zone training meeting this week and we trained on how to help our investigators to study the scriptures, pray, and come to church on their own.  It was a really good training overall- we were told by a man from the MTC the other week that if we would just focus on helping our investigators to do these 3 things then we would baptize twice as many as we are now.  We're going to give it a go! 
 
We start exchanges this week!  I'm only over 4 other sisters this transfer so that means we do less exchanges, it's kind of nice and less stressful.

Today is my 16 month mark... it's hard to believe.  Lucky for me I get to serve for a little longer than 18 months!  I come home on April 23rd- I did the math wrong.  But the mission office contacted me this week to tell me because they said "mom called and checked" haha.  

Congratulations Torie on your concerts, you are so talented!! What's everyone's plans for Valentines? Does Torie have a valentine?  Hna. Woodruff is mine ;). 

Thanks for sending me pictures of Grandpa Jensen, I'm going to print off his obituary.  
 
How neat that you got to go to the Gilbert Temple open house!! It looks gorgeous from the pictures!! That's awesome that Reed & Muche's kids get to be in the pre-dedicatory celebration!  Lucky!  I bet that's going to be so awesome! 

I got the package of snacks :)  thank you so much! You guys are the best!  I love you all and hope you have a great week!
 
Love, 
Hermana Inman
 
Our companions asked us to be their valentines with heart-shaped donuts :)