Blog Archive

Monday, January 27, 2014

HOT DOG I'M STAYING IN O-SIDE!

Vanessa, our 13 year old investigator in the Palacios family gave a talk in sacrament meeting yesterday!  It was wonderful and I am so proud of her!! That family will be baptized before we know it!  We just need a huge miracle!  Lupita came to church again this week, for the 3rd week in a row after years of not coming, and she brings her husband with her every time! We picked up a new investigator named Jenny, she's a young mom with 2 little girls.  They live in a one bedroom apartment in the back of someone's house- this one bedroom literally means one bedroom- the kitchen, beds, dining area, are all in one room, and I think they use the lady's bathroom in the house they're at.  These people are so humble and yet to generous and willing to listen to the gospel, it amazes me.  I feel uncomfortable in large houses or nice houses now... it just makes me think about all of these people I've taught and how they'll never live in anything larger than a 2, maybe 3 bedroom house that's run down and infested with roaches.  I wish I could give them everything I have! 

This past transfer was absolutely wonderful and I'm happy to say that I'll be staying here with Hermana Woodruff for at least one more transfer!!! WOO HOO!!!! :D We were adding up our numbers last night from this transfer and we invited 881 people to learn about the gospel in contacts, taught around 150 lessons, picked up around 14 new investigators, and saw so many miracles!  What a great transfer!  I'm stoked for this next one, because I know we'll see even more miracles and baptisms!  We're working really hard on being consecrated missionaries, and it's by far one of the hardest things I've ever done, but it's amazing how great it feels to know you've given absolutely everything you have to the Lord and have nothing else to give.  You come home completely exhausted every night, but it feels so good!  I wish everybody could experience this! 

I'm especially grateful for the atonement this week, it is the greatest gift we could ever receive.  And that's just it- we have to RECEIVE it, we have to let the healing and enabling power of the atonement into our lives.  It upsets the Lord when we "stiff-arm" the mercy and grace he offers us.  


Congratulations Torie on getting into regional orchestra!  You rock!  I'm so proud of all of you!  Thanks mom for sharing that family history with me, our family is the best! 

I'm healthy and well and grateful and happy.  Thanks for everything.  I love you all and miss you!  Keep up the good work.

Love,
Hermana Inman

This is a picture of the Palacios Family (the ones that come to church)

 cute little ninos I teach.  Vanessa gave a talk
hermana woodruff and I!! dream team companionship.