Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hermana Inman Letter January 21, 2014

Transfer week

Buenos dias! This week was pretty good.  We are still teaching a lot and finding new investigators!  

We started teaching a new investigator named Maria this week.  We found her by knocking doors at the end of December and finally taught her this past week! She says she and her family are Catholic, but she's never read the Bible and doesn't believe in "los santos," and she agreed with everything we taught her the other day haha so we'll see how "catholic" she really is in a few weeks! The girls we've been teaching all had a rough week this week, but we're not giving up on them!  Vanessa, one of our investigators who belongs to the Palacios family (the crazy family tree) is actually fellowshipping the girls we are teaching!  She's not even baptized yet but she is so awesome!  Their whole family came to stake conference this Sunday, including the non member husband of Lupita, the inactive sister who came to church last week!  That family is super.  We found a few more potential investigators this week that hopefully we'll start teaching soon! 

Transfer calls are this weekend and we're reaaalllllyyyy hoping and praying that we can stay together for at least one more transfer!  Hermana Woodruff and I work well together and enjoy each others' company. We'll see what happens! 

The language is going pretty well for me, it's so nice to be back in Spanish work and practice it every day.  For language study I've just started learning everything all over again from my grammar books to solidify the basics, and I'm still learning a lot!  I hope I will have lots of opportunities to use it throughout my life so that I don't forget it or get rusty.  Your Spanish was great dad!  It was fun to read your email in the Spanish language!  

We had an interesting contact in the street yesterday, and even though I've had this conversation with people many times, it wasn't until yesterday that I truly understood how blessed we are to know the nature of the Godhead. They are three separate beings that work together for one purpose. It seems so clear and simple to me and the assumption that they are all one person makes no sense to me, and would have me confused each time I read the scriptures, and I can only imagine how confused others are who don't know this precious truth about our Heavenly Father, His SON Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. How grateful I am for the restoration of this Gospel and the knowledge it gives me. 

 
It sounds like this week is a busy one for our family!  How fun that you get to put together the families for trek mom!  Put me in a good one!  I just got the email from Brother Butler today about my assignment as a Big Sister :)  I am STOKED!  Is Bailey really old enough to go on trek this year?! Wow! Who else is going?

Your date sounds fun mom and dad :) I'm glad you were able to go and relax and have a good time!  You deserve it!

I got your letter mom , thank you :)  I got it this Friday after I had already sent you my letter.  
 
Sorry this email is so short and choppy, time is really short today. 

I love you all and miss you!

Love,
Hermana Inman
 
I saw Hermana Magana at a conference this week.

Hermanas Inman and Woodruff
 
Just another day in Paradise