Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hermana Inman Letter January 6, 2014

Happy New Year!


I started the new year off right, with food poisoning!  I went on exchanges Monday night, and as the night went on I didn't feel so good.  Long story short, it's because I had food poisoning(at least I think that's what it was), so I threw up all night Monday night and all Tuesday morning :) all over the other sister's bed! haha it was gross! But I'm fine now- well and healthy :).


It sounds like you guys had a fun New Years with Jesse's party!

Man, this week was AWESOME!  We met almost every single one of our goals again!  We picked up 4 new investigators, (technically 5, but we have to let somebody in the English ward teach them now.. she speaks ASL, which I'll tell you about in a minute), and we are so close to setting a few baptismal dates!!  This week the Elders told us about a lady they met who was deaf and they could only communicate by writing on paper.  Turns out, Hermana Woodruff speaks American Sign Language!  Fluently!  So I got to watch them have a real lesson in American Sign Language!  SO COOL!  Then, the other day, we were waiting to cross the street at a stop light and a lady rolled down her window and shouted, "hey!  can I give you my address?" we didn't know what to do with ourselves!  That never EVER happens!! So we ran over to her car and got her address and stopped by her house that night.  This lady is not a member, but her husband is and is really inactive.  They want the gospel :)  so the English sisters just started teaching them!  We picked up 4 girl investigators this week- Jackie and Desiree (an aunt and her 13yr old niece), and Erika and Jaqueline, a 13 yr old and 8 yr old who are sisters.  They are so sweet and cute! And humble. I taught a few lessons in roach-infested houses this week, including theirs.  Such a night and day difference between these people and the people I was teaching in Olivenhain a few weeks ago.  

I LOVE THIS WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We're going to talk to Vanessa, Carlos, and Rogelio's parents this week (their the nieces and nephews of Leti) and ask for permission to baptize them this month!  They're so ready. 

I gave zone training with the zone leaders this week, it went pretty well!  Went on a few exchanges, and will be going on 4 exchanges this week.  It's pretty fun! 

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!! 24 years! Wow!! I am so so grateful for your example of love and for our family!  Congratulations on your loving and eternal marriage :) and thank you for ensuring we'll all be together forever! 

Your sacrament meeting talks sound like fun haha.  Those are actually really neat topics to study- agency and sacrifice.  We actually studied about sacrifice today and are going to teach one of our members about it today. I wish I could write more about it but I only have 3 minutes left.. thanks for sharing those quotes with me about the plan of salvation, dad. I am so grateful for the knowledge of our Heavenly Father's plan for us.  It brings such peace and hope. 

Torie and Jesse sound like they're doing great :) I'm so proud of them.  

I love you mom and dad (and torie and jesse) and I miss you!  Keep up the good work!  To answer your question I'll be home in the beginning or middle of april- I don't know the exact date right now but can find out. 

Have a great week!  
Hermana Inman