Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter December 2, 2013

It's Christmas Time!!!

Hey guys!
I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!  I did as well, we went to 2 houses, and it felt nice and homey with everyone's family around and the Christmas music playing, and they cooked my favorite Thanksgiving foods, it was great.  It's hard to believe that it's already Christmas time again! Congratulations on finishing the 5K!!! You guys rock! Congratulations dad for coming in first in the jeans section! haha that's pretty funny. I hope I get to do it with you guys next year :)  that'd be fun.  Do the missionaries in your ward have a lot of investigators to teach? What do they do to find new investigators?

Minus Thanksgiving, this past week was rough.  It becomes really discouraging when you don't have any real investigators to teach in over 2 months.  People let us teach them every now and then but they don't really have any desire to change and become a part of Christ's church.  We had a ton of doors slammed in our faces this week and a lot of rude people encounters.  Since we don't have people to teach we walk around contacting the people in the streets or we're knocking on doors most of the time.  We've started teaching the ward council families the missionary lessons so that we get to practice teaching to somebody; plus if they can see that we are good teachers and when they feel the Spirit that comes when we teach the pure doctrine of Christ, then names may come to their mind of people we can share the Gospel with.  We're working with what we've got... We had a breakdown/meltdown this week, but we got Priesthood blessings, and in my blessing the Lord promised me that there are people in my area that he is preparing to receive the gospel, but that I just need to be patient and keep [diligently] looking for them. If that means I have to keep knocking doors and walking everywhere and talking to every single person I see, then I guess I'll do it!  The words to the song "I'll go where you want me to go" always come to my mind when things get extra hard:


1. It may not be on the mountain height
Or over the stormy sea,
It may not be at the battle's front
My Lord will have need of me.
But if, by a still, small voice he calls
To paths that I do not know,
I'll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in thine:
I'll go where you want me to go.
[Chorus]
I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,
Over mountain or plain or sea;
I'll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;
I'll be what you want me to be.

2. Perhaps today there are loving words
Which Jesus would have me speak;
There may be now in the paths of sin
Some wand'rer whom I should seek.
O Savior, if thou wilt be my guide,
Tho dark and rugged the way,
My voice shall echo the message sweet:
I'll say what you want me to say.

3. There's surely somewhere a lowly place
In earth's harvest fields so wide
Where I may labor through life's short day
For Jesus, the Crucified.
So trusting my all to thy tender care,
And knowing thou lovest me,
I'll do thy will with a heart sincere:
I'll be what you want me to be.

I signed up for this, and it was in the job description.  I am still grateful to be the Lord's servant and wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now or be doing anything other that what I am doing right now.  Thank you so much for sharing your testimonies with me in your emails this week, they are so uplifting and encouraging :). 
I'll be eating lunch in The Bridges this week!  If you don't know what that is, you can probably look it up online, but basically it is one of the richest places in all of Southern California- just a neighborhood full of rich people, and we just happen to have a few members in there, so we'll be dining at the bridges.  Not too shabby. I'm glad the Rivers were able to stop by and drop my bag off for me.  They're great people.  Thanks for sending me a package :)  I haven't gotten it yet, but I'll be seeing them tonight.  Brother Rivers texted us last night and said he had a package for me and he wanted to hear about the guinea pig cage, and I couldn't remember what that was, but I'm pretty sure you're talking about the live dinner that I passed outside a few months ago and took a picture of?


You asked what I would want for Christmas, and the only things I can really think of right now are: downeast basic tees/wonder tees that I use to layer under other tops, in white and any other color.  A new skirt and shirt would be nice, or a dress-I'm kind of tired of my clothes. Maybe some sunglasses? I can't really think of anything else I really need.  Maybe some cute earrings? But my skin breaks out with normal earrings- it turns out I'm allergic to certain types of metal? So maybe if you find any hypoallergenic earrings or something that wouldn't bother sensitive skin? Maybe some new cd's? Or, we're allowed to use iPods now, so if you just put our church music onto my iPod and sent that to me that'd be cool, although I have no idea where i put my iPod before I left.. I don't know.  Those are the only things that come to my mind.  I have enough food and shoes (weird, right?), I think just some fun stuff would be nice.  I have just about everything I need.  Who do I have for Christmas this year?

I love you guys and miss you! Thanks for all of your love and support and prayers.  I'm so excited to skype with you on Christmas in a few weeks! :) I hope you all have a great week and enjoy this Christmas season!!

I am so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ, and for our Father in Heaven who loves us so much that He gave His Only Begotten Son, so that we could live with Him and our families again someday.  I know the Book of Mormon is true and I have seen the guidance and peace it brings to my life. 


Love,
Hermana Inman