Blog Archive

Monday, December 16, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter December 16, 2013

call me HERMANA Inman :)

It's transfer time!  And I'm getting transferred! I was bummed at first but now I'm actually really excited, because there's a huge chance that I'll be put back into SPANISH WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another weird thought- this will most likely be my very last area in the mission. So weird. Tomorrow the mission is having a big Christmas Program with talent show and spiritual program and thoughts, too.  Then we'll have transfers and I'll find out where I'm going. I really do feel like I have given this area everything that I have to offer, and I think this transfer is an answer to my prayers.  I think maybe the Lord just wanted to see if I would keep pushing on and working even when nothing was happening.  The area is about to BOOM with investigators, we got so many referrals from members this week and we have appointments set up with some potential investigators, so I know Sister MacKay is going to rock it and lead out the area strong.  She's a great missionary and I will miss working with her. Mom you asked how tall she is haha she is 5'11" (I can never remember which apostrophe goes where). I'm glad you got the santa picture :) that was at the ward Christmas party! It was funny- we had just met a man in the ward a few nights previous, and when we went in to see Santa, he looked awfully familiar haha we said "Santa, we feel like we've met you before!"   I got the Christmas packages!! Thank you!!!! I'm waiting to open them until Christmas!! :)

 
People here decorate like they do in Arizona, some go all out, some hang up a strand of lights, some people's houses turn into the North Pole, it's fun.

Because I am getting transferred, I have no idea what time I will be skyping or how.  Hopefully my new companion already set something up. We won't be having p-day on Monday next week but will be having it on Christmas Day.  So, there won't be any emails or letters next week, JUST SKYPE :D. (On Christmas). As soon as I find out I'll try to have a member text you or something, but if that doesn't work, just be on standby... sorry :/. 
 
I'm glad that you had so much fun with Torie and Jesse's party! That sounds like a blast! I'm jealous!  We'll have to have another one when I'm home, and when Jake's home!  That's awesome that Jesse could bring some family names to the temple! Way to go! Isn't family history so much fun?! We're already seeing results from the family history pilot program- people talk to us for a few minutes out on the streets about their families!! It's amazing!  People are excited to learn more about their families.  "The spirit of Elijah is the Spirit bearing witness of the divinity of the family."- Elder Nelson- if people can begin by feeling the spirit of Elijah, then they'll have a desire to keep feeling the spirit and sharing that with their ancestors by doing temple ordinances. Elder Richards made an interesting comment last week at our conference.  He said, "our jobs as missionaries is to bring people into the gospel so that they can perform temple ordinances for those on the other side of the veil." Anyway, that's my family history schpeal for the day. OH, and that's sweet that we're related to Captain Jones! (Mayflower) Who knew? Good find, Torie.
 
Cool that you got to meet the guys who are doing the temple windows!

 
I'm so excited for Jennifer (Matthews) Nichols and her family :) what a beautiful experience.  Please tell her congratulations for me.


I am so grateful to have an advocate, Jesus Christ, who stands by our side no matter what.  He is there to help us every step of the way, and to lift us up when we trip and fall.  I know He is close to Jesse, and to you, and me, and to each and every single one of us who reaches out to Him.

I'm grateful for this time of year, to celebrate our Savior Jesus Christ.  I love Him and wish I could give Him more. What a miracle.  The greatest Christmas Miracle of all is exactly that- CHRIST, and His atonement for us.
I'm SO EXCITED to see your beautiful faces on Christmas :D

 
I love you!
 
Love,
Hermana Inman
 
 
P.S. Congratulations to Torie for making the Principle's List and for getting into NAU!! You're a rockstar!