Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter July 23, 2013

Buenas tardes a todos!

This week was ironically good. We did absolutely nothing but tracting (knocking on doors and talking to people in parks/streets) all day every day this week. Not usually the best of times, but somehow it was enjoyable and not so bad. And, of course, we had a couple lessons with Adolfo, who will be getting baptized next week on the 2nd of August :). We moved it a day early. He keeps having awesome dreams about the Gospel! These ones make more sense to me haha they're too long though and I don't feel like typing them. As he was telling us about his dreams on Sunday at church, he began to tell us about how much this Gospel means to him and how he feels so good. He began to cry, almost sobbing.  He says that he didn't realize before that he has been searching for something for many years now, and didn't know until now what it was. He was waiting for the gospel and now that he has it, he feels so good and has already seen the fruits of it and is so grateful for this opportunity to change and do something good in his life. :) wow. His family is not in favor of his decision, but I think with time they'll see that it's a good thing and that they'll want it, too. It's impossible to deny the changes Adolfo has made. Anybody can see it. 
 
The investigators that we have been picking up lately are spouses of very inactive members. This is a great opportunity because we get to teach the less actives and our investigators at the same time. They get to learn all over again and feel the strong spirit that comes when we talk about the main principles of the gospel. 
 
Other than that, we haven't been teaching a lot of investigators. A lot of less actives, though, which is just as important, if not more important. It becomes much more serious when somebody has already made the baptismal covenant as is not keeping it than it is for an investigator that is not progressing. If that makes sense.
 
It's been pretty hot over here. Escondido is where we do most of our tracting because that's where all the Hispanics are.. but, I have nothing to complain about because I know you're all melting down there in Arizona! I hope you're swimming and eating popsicles and keeping cool! We got rain on Sunday, and that was really nice :). 
 
I'm glad Jesse had so much fun at scout camp! Congratulations to him for getting those merit badges! He is a scouting master!
 
I'm glad that Torie is enjoying band camp and that the band director is being civil... I'll need to knock on wood so it stays that way! I'm happy to hear that you are feeling a little better mom, keep resting! I've been praying for you to get better! Thanks for your missionary entries dad! And thanks for everything you do. I hope you have a happy birthday! I get to email you that day since it falls on a p-day! That's so exciting that Dom goes to Italy tomorrow and that Gabe enters the MTC! wow! That's exciting :) I like having so many missionaries in our family! what's Dominic's email address? and what's Gabe's? That's also fun that Mark and Pam will be moving down to Sun City! You'll love that mom :) they're good company. 
 
Sorry I don't have much to share this week! I don't have any stories to tell other than Adolfo. Hopefully we'll start teaching some more people sometime soon so that I have more to tell you! (and because it'd be great to teach more, too). 
 
I love you all and hope you have a great week! 
Love,
 
Hermana Inman
 
Celebrating my halfway mark with ice cream!

Hermana Moffitt, Adolfo and Hermana Inman

Here they are again!