Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter July 16, 2013

her she is!

Buenos dias!

This week went by really fast. It was a good one. 
 
I went to Vista on Thursday and Friday, and that was fun! They've changed the areas out there, so I didn't get to see any old investigators, but I did get to eat dinner with one of my favorite families there and see their new baby, and we visited some other members from the ward. It was so nice :) they said, "Hermana Inman! You left us! We thought we'd never see you again! It's so good to see you! You need to stay here!" haha you know how hispanics get all dramatic. It's great! I didn't think they remembered me, let alone my name, so that was nice to know that they remember me and miss me :). I was there with Hermana Whicker, who is best friends with Linsey Shumway (I don't know her new last name..), so that was fun! Small world!
 
Adolfo is the strongest investigator I have ever seen. He comes to every single activity, reads and prays every night, lets us come over like every other night to teach, comes to all 3 hours of church each Sunday, and is best friends with practically every member in the ward. He told us on Sunday that he feels bad that he can't make it to English Class on Tuesday, but he has to do his laundry that day because he doesn't want to do it on the Sabbath Day, and he needs to go to family home evening on Monday. Haha we said we'd let it slide this time :). He asked us a few weeks ago if he could go to church every day. Only a little less than 3 weeks until his baptism!!! We keep meaning to take a picture with him to show you who he is, but we keep forgetting. He keeps telling us that he wants his whole family to join the church,so he's hoping that they'll see his example and notice the changes he's made and want the gospel as well. He talked to his son in law about it, and he wants to take the lessons, too, he just has to get the "ok" from his wife, which is the hardest part. 
 
We haven't been able to see most of our other investigators for a couple weeks :/. We've had daily contact via phone with Carmen, and hopefully we'll be able to see her Friday. It seems like everyone works two jobs or works long hours at their job here because it's so expensive to live in California. And so, it makes it hard to see our investigators when they get home real late at night, or they don't have a regular schedule so we just have to keep stopping by and hope that they're home. It's hit-and-miss. Have I told you about Julio? Julio just turned 21 and the other month asked us to come by and start teaching him the lessons. He's had a rough background with the word of wisdom, but is almost completely off of cigarettes and alcohol. We taught him the word of wisdom and the plan of salvation and committed him to only smoke one cigarette a day, and drink zero alcohol. We passed by a week or so later, and he had not smoked AT ALL the entire week, except for one day, when he only smoke one! He didn't drink at all, either! We were so proud of him! We haven't seen him in about a week, but we are stopping by tonight and pray that he'll be there.  We're working on finding new investigators (we always are, but especially lately) so that we have a teaching pool that we can actually teach on a regular basis! We have several others, but, like I said, we can hardly find them at home. 
 
Hermana Moffitt and I are doing well. We had some good laughs together this week :). 
We had a cool contact in the street yesterday with an older man who's ancestors crossed the plains with the Mormons.  He knew so much of his family history! When you get a chance, could you forward me some of our family history stories? Our family has such strong pioneer blood and I'd like to know more about our ancestors. I love reading your mission journal entries, dad. You and I are alike in a lot of ways. 
 
I'm excited to hear about Jesse's experiences at Camp Geronimo! I bet he's loving it. I bet Torie is exhausted at band camp, but that's fun, too. How's work going dad? Mom have you got everything ready for seminary? I'm sorry that you've been sick :/ and pray that you will be healed soon and have time to rest. When does school start? How neat that Jesse will be going to seminary! How's Torie and her "friend?" Going on lots of dates? Thank you so much for the card you sent me mom for my 1/2 way mark! It made my week! I seriously have the BEST mom in the ENTIRE world! :). Jake's email cracked me up today, about the Larping or whatever it's called. And his gummy bear sling shot. haha. 
 
I'm healthy and well. I still love being a missionary. I know this church is true, I can feel it in my heart and the spirit testifies to me so strongly that this is right. I can't deny it. Heavenly Father loves each of His children, and no one is forgotten. 
 
I hope you each of you have a great week! Don't forget to feed the missionaries and offer to accompany them to lessons or hold lessons in the home! You will be their heroes! Offer to give rides to investigators, too, that's always awesome.
 
Love,
Hermana Inman
 
 
this was in someone's yard. It's dinner. They go to the pet store, buy guinea pigs, and then kill them and eat them for dinner. It smells so nasty. 

Hermana Whicker! aka bff of Linsey Shumway (and my friend too :))

hermana moffitt and I in our red white and blue on the 4th of july. She likes to take them really high up because she says they're more flattering that way.