Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter March 12, 2013

Hola Preciosas!

Hello to the best family in the universe!!
 
This week was better. Last Tuesday night we had a lesson with a new investigator named Jose (imagine that). The lesson went really well and at the end of the lesson, we still hadn't invited him to be baptized, and I had a strong prompting that we should, so I did. He accepted and we are working towards the end of march/early april. After the end of the lesson hna. farr told me that in the lesson she felt prompted not to invite him to baptize, but now she realizes that for some reason I was the one who needed to invite him. It was a really neat experience :).
 
Remember that man who asked me to marry him? Well guess what? The other day we went over to another lady's house- her name is Francisca and she is a new investigator. When we were in the middle of our lesson, somebody walks in from the kitchen, and who should it be? That's right, that very same creepy man who asked me to marry him. Apparently he rents a room in this lady's house haha. Just my luck. That was a fun experience... pretty funny though. What are the chances.
 
Yesterday we were walking down the street and a lady slowed down and shouted out the window "1108 North Drive, come see me tomorrow!!" And we have no idea who she is, but we're pretty excited to hopefully pick up a new investigator tonight!
 
Thank you so much for the letters and packages :) I have the best parents ever. I love you so much! Mom your letters are so sweet and inspired and thoughtful. They make my day. I loved the package as well. Thank you for sending me Zyrtec, but I need Singulair :/ sorry for the confusion! Thank you dad for ordering that picture of Jesus Christ for me, it is absolutely beautiful and I love it.
 
TAYLYNN IS ENGAGED?! WHAT? TO DOWLIN TAYLOR?!! WHAT IN THE WORLD?! Please tell me her address! Email or house is fine. OH my goodness. What the heck. While I'm at it, what are Morgan, Sydnee, and Brittany's addresses? How are they doing?
 
Happy Birthday this week Torie! I'm sending you a letter in the mail today, I hope you get it on time! Have a wonderful birthday week :). How fun that you're going to prom with Jensen! That will be such a blast! Send me pictures and tell me all about it. When is it? Are you going to mormon prom or school prom?
 
How exciting that Dom celebrated his 1 year baptism anniversary yesterday :) that is so awesome! I am so excited for him to serve a mission, he will be great!
 
That's fun that Bob and Marilyn are coming down to visit you guys! They are welcome to stay in my room.. haha you were probably already planning on it anyway. Have so much fun with them! It's been a long time since we've seen them. How are they?
 
All of the summer camps sound like they are going to be a blast for Jesse and Torie! Their testimonies are going to be so strong! Is Jesse's Ghost Fighters book done yet? I really want to read it. Tell him I still have to work on my Ghost Riders book.
 
I'm glad you were able to have a fun outing to the zoo for mom's bday! That sounds like a blast :) I'm excited to see pictures.
 
That's a cool experience that you had dad, being able to have that lesson with a recent convert the other day. They really are so strong. We're having a hard time with retention in our Spanish wards too, I think it's a cultural thing- so a lot of our work is trying to reactivate less-actives and trying to get the ward to fellowship recent converts. That's also neat that you and Torie were able to have an awesome scriptural discussion the other day. I love those. Torie will be a wonderful missionary.
Mom how are those Armor of God costumes coming? That's a lot of work! You are so dedicated to your callings, always. You are such a wonderful example to me and to many others. I hope you know how special you are and how many lives you bless, and how much you are loved, by me, your family, friends, and especially Heavenly Father, and our Savior Jesus Christ. You are so loved.
 
One of my favorite scriptures this week is Mosiah 24:14-15. The Lord doesn't take away our trials, but he gives us enough strength to overcome them, and he makes our burdens light.
 
I hope you guys have a great week with Marilyn and Bob, Torie's birthday, and St. Patrick's day! What a week! Keep your chins up and remember how much you are loved. Thank you for making me feel so loved. I love and miss each of you.
 
Love,
Hermana Lacey Inman
 
P.S. I am now authorized to email anybody!! So, if you want to talk to me but don't want to send a letter, go ahead and email me.  I won't have time to email back because my time is so short on the computer, but I can print out your email and respond via a letter in the mail. :)
 
Hermana Inman's email address: Lacey.Inman@myldsmail.net