Blog Archive

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Hermana Inman Letter November 15, 2012

yo soy una misionera por la iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias!
 
Hola!
 
This week has been pretty good. The Spanish is getting harder, though. The language has come pretty easy to me these last 5 weeks, but this week was more challenging. I'm not worried though :) I can do all things with the Lord!

 
It's FREEZING here! The snow is beautiful though and I love winter clothes, so it's fine. It was so funny to hear about Callie and Chloe wearing those t-shirts! haha! I'm surprised they let Torie put the shirts on them! Did they keep them on? It sounds like Mom and Torie are having fun with personal progress! I'd like to do it again when I get home. Let me know how youth conference goes! It sounds awesome!! Yay for Torie's solo!! I wish I was there to hear it! I'm sure she did a fantastic job, she always does. It's even more impressive that she came up with it herself! She has so much talent! I got Jesse's letter; it melted my heart haha I almost started crying when I saw the envelope covered in stickers and his cute little handwriting. I'll be writing him back today. Speaking of letters, I have a few letters that I'd like to send to my friends but I don't have their addresses... would you mind finding them on my facebook friends or something or if you see them and ask them for their address? or have them send it to me on dear elder? or you send it via dear elder? Tim Murphy, Julio Donoso... actually that's it for now. I ran into somebody who served in AZ Spanish speaking and he used to take Julio with him, and Julio's dad was the bishop there, so I wanted to write to him and tell him about it. And I need to send a letter to Tim. I've been thinking about him a lot lately.
 
 
I have not run out of meds yet, but thank you Dad :). How come stake conference was a broadcast from Salt Lake? Did you receive big news? There have been many speakers at our devotionals lately who share pioneer stories of their ancestors. Do you know any pioneer stories of our ancestors? Can you send some to me? Their stories give me so much strength and courage to keep moving forward. When I think I have it hard I just think of them and everything they went through, then this all seems like a piece of cake. I have a new favorite song; it's an arrangement of "Savior, Reedemer of My Soul." It's not the regular hymn, but I bet you could find the version I'm talking about if you looked it up on youtube or lds.org or something. Everybody is singing it here at the MTC and it's been sung at a couple of firesides. It's absolutely beautiful. Speaking of hymns, Dad, you were right when you told me I should take my "hymns made easy book." As soon as I got here (actually it was a week later), Hermana McBride and I were called to be the music chairmen in our branch, and guess what? Nobody played the piano. One of our newer elders plays now, but before he came I was playing the top notes of the right hand for Sacrament meeting haha. So, when you get a chance, maybe could you please send that hymns made easy book to me? Thanks.
 
 
I hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I'm so glad that Jake gets to come home for that :). We get to have a general authority come speak to us on Thanksgiving, which really isn't any different from any other fireside, unless this means like a quorum of the12 apostles or something!! We usually get to hear from members of the 70. It's great! We never know who it is until they walk in. Have you ever heard of John Tanner? If you haven't, look up his story. There is a video called "Treasure in Heaven" and it's the John Tanner story. He is the MAN and everybody needs to know about him and be more like him. He lived in Joseph Smith's time and helped the church so much. Ironically, his story is what confirmed my testimony of Joseph Smith a few years ago when I was at school at BYU-Idaho and I learned about him in my Doctrine & Covenants class.
 
 
Fun story: The other day our whole district dressed up like Harry Potter characters! It was AWESOME! I was Hermoine, of course, Hermana McBride was Bellatrix Lestrange, Hermana Crandall was Luna Lovegood, Elder Bear was Ron, Elder Mecham was Harry, Elder Vest was Cedric Digory, and Elder Duclos was Draco Malfoy. It was better than a birthday. It was seriously one of the best days ever. I took some pictures, so I'll try to email them to you. If I can't, youll see them when I send my SD card home next.
 
 
I received the biggest compliment of my life the other day from my ZRT Hermano Toone. He said to Hermana McBride and I that we are the best hermanas that he has ever worked with, and he is amazed at the progreses that we have made in the last month. He said it scares him to think about what we will be like in 17 months at the end of our missions, because if we have already improved this much in a month, imagine how far we will have come in 17 more months. He said that if all missionaries were like us that the world would change, and missionary work would never be the same. WOW, right? We were so shocked to hear that, and it's still hard for me to take it in. I don't feel extraordinary or any different from any other missionary. I'm still me and I have so much that I need to improve on, it's overwhelming to think about sometimes. It brought a great sense of comfort to hear him say that though; it's nice to know that hard work does not go unnoticed. I hope that doesn't sound like I'm trying to brag, because that's the last thing I could be doing right now. It was just a nice surprise to hear that :). He is my favorite teacher ever, but he got reassigned to the 4th floor (Im on the 5th) to a new district because our zone has the most experienced and awesome teachers, so they had to distribute the wealth. Hermano Toone told us that they kept trying to transfer him but he kept telling them no, because he wanted to keep working with us. They finally just moved him anyways, but he said that whenever he is not with his district then he will come upstairs and work with us. Anyways, now that you know more about my teacher than you needed to, let me tell you about my investigators! Ellos son escojidos! Carla is going to be getting married to Damien to that they can live the law of chastity and be baptized :), and Jorge is golden. His baptism is next week on Saturday :). I got two more investigators this week as well, their names are Miguel and Andrew. Miguel is just taking the discussions as a favor for his friend, and Andrew is curious to know more about the church. He was taught a few things by one of his friends who is now serving a mission.
 
 
There is so much power in the Book of Mormon, never miss a day of reading it.
 
 
Yo se que esta iglesia es verdadera. Yo se que el Libro de Mormon es verdadero tambien, y yo se que Jose Smith fue un proteta verdadero. Estoy muy agradecida por la oportunidad a servir un mision, y estoy muy agradecido por todos mis bendiciones en mi vida. Se amo mucho :)
Que tenga un buen dia y semana!
 
 
con amor,
Hermana Inman