Blog Archive

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hermana Inman Letter April 14, 2014

HERE IT GOES!


I'm a roller coaster of emotions right now!  But, I can promise you that I am giving it my ALL this week- I know I am because I have to constantly be trying new methods to keep me awake during the day and when we're planning at night, etc.  I am seriously giving it all my strength and efforts, this is probably the most important week of my entire mission.  Leave it all in the field, without any regrets.  I had my exit interview with President Kendrick this week and the last thing that he asked me was, "has your mission changed you for 18 months, or will it change your entire life?" and I know without a doubt, that my mission has changed my entire life.  I've changed, a lot.  My mission means everything to me.


Maricruz is going to be baptized on May 17!!!!  WOO HOO!!!! We promised her the other week that she would receive a spiritual witness at general conference and would know when she needed to be baptized.  So we followed up with her this week to ask her what her experience was, and she said, "I really enjoyed conference... they kept talking about baptism over and over again, and I was thinking.... I think I will get baptized in May."  And that's exactly what Hermana Woodruff and I had been thinking.  So we said, "how about May 17th?"  and she said, "yeah, that sounds good.  I feel good about that"  and she just smiled to herself :).  She' so great.  She's already halfway through 2 Nephi and she absolutely loves the Book of Mormon.  We had a good talk with her boys, too, and they want to be baptized after their mom so that they can get the Priesthood and pass the sacrament like their friends :), we'll be teaching them tomorrow!  We started teaching a new investigator this week named Carlos.  He's an older man who we've been trying to teach for awhile now, and we finally found him at home and had a lesson with him, and set a baptismal date!!!  He'll be getting baptized on May 24th!  AND THEN, Chris, the husband of Lupita Palacios, sat in 2 of our lessons at their house this week, and he participated!  He's never stayed for any of our lessons and never wanted to talk to us before, but for whatever reason this week he wanted to stay and listen, and he asked really good questions, and he came to church all on his own.  We taught them about family history this week and helped them to get started- the spirit of Elijah is powerful!!!  They're all excited to get started and learn more about their family.  

GUESS WHAT?!  ELDER BALLARD IS COMING TO OUR MISSION THIS SATURDAY!!!  How neat is that?!  A private conference with Elder Ballard and the CA Carlsbad mission!!  Should be SWEET!  We just found out about it last Saturday.  A member of the 70 is coming as well, but I forgot which one.... 

We went to the Carlsbad Flower Fields as a district last week, it was so awesome!

Zone Training Meeting went really well this week, and each of our trainings went smoothly.  We trained on how to effectively delegate within the mission and to the members, as well as a training of Pride, and what are some of the ways missionaries show pride and how we can rid ourselves of it.  President Kendrick says "there is no room for pride in a consecrated mission."  and that's right!  The elders trained on activity versus accomplishment, and how we can determine if what we are doing is really accomplishing important things or just filling time.  It was good!  

There were 2 baptisms in our ward this past weekend, and we had the opportunity to attend and help out.  The spirit was so strong there, and it was such a testimony builder for everyone there-  the two ladies who got baptized have very bad health.  One is an older lady who has back problems and has to walk with a walker, and the other lady is huge and has trouble walking as well, so she uses a cane and struggles walking down stairs.  These two ladies, Vicenta and Sofia, faced their fears of walking without their walkers and canes and their fear of slipping in the water, and walked down the steps into the baptismal font without a second thought.  They were confident in their decision to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized, and they came out of the water sobbing with joy.  It was beautiful.  Sofia even sewed her own baptismal dress.  That is what this is all about- it is moments like that that I am reminded of why it is all worth it.  I wish you could all experience what it feels like to help someone enter into the waters of baptism.  It is the best feeling in the world.  I guess you do probably know how that feels from Dominic's baptism, and hopefully soon Tawnya's baptism, with Quinn and Lauren.  I loved the story you shared with me about Quinn's prayer and the progress their family is making.  What a blessing it is to be a part of that.  I hope you're writing those things in your journals! 

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend.  Let's not forget the real reason why we celebrate Easter Sunday.  I know our Savior lives.  He suffered for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane and died for us on the cross, but He is risen!  "I know that my Redeemer lives, what comfort this sweet sentence gives."  I love my Savior Jesus Christ and can feel Him with me every day.  He's right here, all we have to do is let Him in, and He can heal us, strengthen us, and give us comfort in our times of need.  

I love you,  have a great day!

Love,
Hermana Inman