Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Hermana Inmann Letter October 28, 2013

this girl is on fire!
 
Hello my favorite people!

 
So, Sina moved over into another ward. We're pretty bummed about it, but our zone leaders are the ones who will teach him now and they clicked pretty well, so we know he's in good hands. We got to teach Claude again this week, but we ended up doing it at a members home after having dinner with them.  They themed their dinner as "brazil" because they all wanted to reminisce on their memories of missions and business in Brazil..  It was neat because we ate foods only from that country, so I got to try some new things.  He is our ONLY investigator right now, but we know the work will pick up very soon and we'll have lots of people to teach!  Our ward is doing the 40 day fast for missionary work and we're already seeing the results. We stopped by a members house the other night and when she answered the door she said that she was getting kids ready for bed and they were all sick and she didn't have time to talk, then all the sudden her expression changed and she said "wait!" and then walked outside to talk to us.  She started telling us about a few of her neighbors that she keeps running into and thinking about, and she started crying saying "this must be why you are here.  you need to go visit them and help them." It was a neat experience to see her countenance change and the Spirit work inside her to guide us where we needed to go. We'll hopefully be in contact with those people this week. 
 
Some members have invited us over tomorrow night to carve pumpkins with their neighbors, and our trunk-or-treat is on Wednesday, and I'm pretty sure almost every family in our ward is bringing a nonmember friend/family with them.  It's going to be HUGE!  We get to judge the costume contest with the elders haha. So there's so much potential in this upcoming week to find new people to teach and share the gospel with!  Our zone is having a costume contest today and one of our members (the ones who bought our groceries) has an entire walk in closet full of legit Disney costumes and she is letting Sister MacKay and I wear some for the contest today.  We are going as Donald Duck and Goofy!  I'm Donald Duck.  These are the life-size, disneyland version. I'll send pictures next week.  We are going to dominate this contest.  Send me pictures of all of your costumes and festivities!  We have to be inside at 6pm Halloween night to avoid all the creepers. Besides, nobody is going to want to take time out of trick or treating to listen to a lesson anyways. Can't imagine why haha.
My blow dryer sparked and caught fire while I was blow drying my hair yesterday.  That was fun. Luckily I still have all my hair haha. I didn't get burned either!  I threw the blow dryer across the room at just the right time...

Congratulations on your 5k!! Good for you!  Walk or run, it doesn't matter; what matters is that you do it.  I'm sure Dom will be so grateful that you are all thinking of him and supporting him.  Sister Smith, as well, I'm sure.  Muche sent me a picture of her new baby!! He's so cute! That's crazy that Torie is going to Senior Night this week.. it feels like we just went to Jake's senior night.  Time really does fly. I'm glad Jesse is doing well and is enjoying reading. I've been praying for Jake and hope that he loves his new area as much as this last one he's been in.  Transfers are hard but you learn to love each area that you are in for different reasons.  There are good people and there is good work wherever we go. It's just different. I'm proud of him for becoming a district leader! I'm so jealous of his iPad mini THAT HE GETS TO KEEP! WHAT?!
 
I'm doing well!  I'm healthy and happy.  No complaints, really.  Sister MacKay and I have a good time together and work hard.  It rained today, which is nice.  The weather has been perfect. 

 
Happy Halloween!  Have fun and be safe! Love you all.

 
Love,
Hermana Inman