Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hermana Inman Letter February 5, 2013

Nachhooooo​o

THANK YOU FOR THE PACKAGE!!! That was so wonderful!! :) thank you thank you thank you. I loved it, and am still enjoying it! Thank you for the meds, the food, and the letters :) it was the perfect package. I got it on Saturday.
 
I am SO EXCITED FOR DOM!! Oh my goodness! Milan Italy! Wow! He is so lucky! Is he stoked? Where did he open it? Did they have a party? How does he feel? How is his mom handling it? How awesome that he has family there! This call is no accident or coincedence! Wow. I want to write him a letter. What's his address?
 
The letter the Thalman's sent me had ____ in it. I have no idea why they did that for me but I am so very thankful for them for doing that and being so generous. I am going to write them a thank you note today, but if you could pass on my thanks until it gets there, that would be great.
 
Today is such a huge day! Jake becomes a missionary! I am so excited for him and know that he will be a fantastic missionary. I wonder if they'll make him stay at the MTC for 2 weeks instead of 3 now? Are his suitcases so heavy and fat with all of the warm clothes he's taking? I hope he brought enough parkas! I'm sure you've taken care of all of it haha.
 
I'm sorry to hear that Dad and Jesse have been sick :/ I hope you both get better soon. Everybody has been sick lately, there is definitely a bug going around. I'm pretty much all better from my sickness, but now my roommate Sister Bergau and a few other missionaries are sick with the flu bug too. How sweet that Jake was able to give you a blessing Dad :) the Priesthood is a wonderful thing. That's an understatement.
 
We had to give Andres to the English elders to teach, and we're really bummed about it. Andres wanted to go to the singles ward instead of the Spanish ward so we can't teach him anymore. We had a great lesson with Oscar and Loo Loo last night about the Plan of Salvation, and they're coming to church this Sunday, so that's good :). We also found a 15 year old girl yesterday who let us come into her house and teach her a lesson when we were just knocking doors on her street; that's always nice when people randomly let you in. She would be a great investigator for us, except that she also speaks English, so we have to let the English missionaries teach her, too! We find all of the really awesome investigators and then have to hand them all over to the other missionaries for some reason or another. But, in our efforts to find new investigators, the Lord blesses us with referrals from other people who do speak Spanish. I don't know if I've told you about Carla, but we have a new investigator named Carla who just turned 21 and has 2 little girls and is married, and she is just awesome! She loves the gospel, especially the Book of Mormon. She has so much potential and we are excited to teach her and get to know her better. I don't have much else to report though, we've just been doing a lot of finding and searching lately.
 
I'm meeting people here who I'm sure were the inspiration for Nacho Libre. There are people exactly like that. Haha oh my goodness. I met Nacho the other day. People always feed us toast. I've had helote a few times (the corn on the cob with the mayo, pepper, and cheese on it), I met Chancho and he was really wearing sweats. Sometimes I feel like I'm living the actual movie.
 
Anyway, our companionship is doing alright, it has its ups and downs- but overall we're doing good! Thank you so much for all of your prayers! It makes all the difference. Oh, guess what?! We get to go do a session at the San Diego temple on Feb 19th, and I am so so excited! I finally get to go inside! The outside is absolutely gorgeous, so I can only imagine what it looks like inside. My friend Hermana DeMille is a sister missionary at the Mesa Temple visitors center- you should look for her next time you're down there and tell her you know Hermana Inman. We were roommates at the MTC for awhile.
 
I realized I'm out of albuterol... I'm sorry! I know you just sent me that amazing package in the mail! I didn't realize I was out of albuterol until after you had sent the package... You don't have to send anything with it, but if you could please send me an inhaler that would help a lot with running in the mornings. Sorry! Please and thank you!
 
I'm excited to hear how the last day with Jake went and how his setting apart went. Tell me all about it! How's Torie doing? Do you know how Eric is doing? I haven't heard from him since I started my mission except for the belated birthday card I got in the MTC... Are Dad and Jesse feeling better? Thanks for the scriptures you've shared with me both last week and today :). Mom I wish I had actually memorized scripture mastery when I was in seminary. I memorized them to pass them off and then never remembered where to find them. I can remember what the scriptures say, but can never locate them without taking the time to look it up in the index or topical guide, and it would have helped me so so much here on the mission. Those scriptures are truly inspired and answer the controversial questions or concerns people have about the gospel. I'm trying to re-learn them all over again. Tell your seminary students that if they want the mission to be easier, that they need to know their scripture mastery- especially in the Bible! Oh man. Bible Bible Bible. If you don't know the Bible then people don't take you seriously and they want all of their questions answered in the Bible. The answers are there, but they won't wait for you to look it up and find it. Luckily, Hermana Farr knows them all, and so she's been able to whip 'em out when needed, but once she's gone, I'm going to have to know them all myself. Ah!
 
Anyway, this church is true and God has a plan for each one of us. Nothing is coincedence or happens by chance. God loves you and is so very aware of you. I hope you each have a great day/week and find a way to share the gospel with someone new!
 
I love you and miss you.
 
Love,
Hermana Inman